Barba's contract Terminated!

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by josh2010, Feb 1, 2019.

1. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

I agree that he pushed his luck a bit before but considering he stayed out of trouble since leaving the NRL I can understand a non Sydney team like the Cowboys taking some risk on that character.

Matt Lodge must be laughing that he got a new contract with all this no second or third chances since then...

Tasgirl likes this.
  2. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

It worked this time around (being able to rub him out of the game for good) because it was in a public place as opposed to previous allegations involving Barba where his missus didn't co-operate, similar to what happened with the alleged Greg Inglis assault charges and no surprise he and his wife are going through a seperation now.

Tasgirl likes this.
  3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    You gotta ask what would make any woman get tied up with a footballer?

4. Lefty

Lefty Justin Holbrook

Most would-be good, but Barba has repeatedly hit his partner, it must be an abusive relationship.

5. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

I know no one has much sympathy for Barba here but after seeing Burgess defend himself on Twitter for not commenting on an issue against the Telecrap's social media manager I have to say shame on the scummy media for reporting the details of Barba's personal life struggles since he was axed, it's no ones business and the guy deserves the chance to get back on his own feet in his own privacy.
    And journalists continue to wonder why fans turn on them and why they cop constant abuse.

Lefty likes this.
  6. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Ben Barba basically concedes he won't fight any life ban and accepts his professional career is over. Says he is just going to work on himself out of the limelight and deal with whatever court orders are handed his way.
    Good to see it's settled, despite the pathetic ambulance chasers in the media.

Lefty and Tasgirl like this.