Bailey Hodgson

ChrisT

David Boyd
Just looking behind the scenes with Hodgson this kid was offered serious money to try retain him in the UK, and was then offered again by 4 NRL clubs. Some "promise" has enticed him to us and in my mind thats him moving to FB in a season or so and KP shifting to the halves. I've read somewhere that Raiders came in for him, so for him to choose us over being with his Uncle who he's close too, then he must be part of a big future plan at the Knights.

HarVeeGee13

Gavin Hanrahan
I’d be surprised if we outright offered him that spot, it has to be earned, but yeah it’s possible the long-term plan is that KP plays in the halves. He certainly has the skill set and I get the impression that it’s where he wants to play. Partner him with an organising on-ball halfback and let him roam and he’ll absolutely kill it.

ChrisT

David Boyd
I’d be surprised if we outright offered him that spot, it has to be earned, but yeah it’s possible the long-term plan is that KP plays in the halves. He certainly has the skill set and I get the impression that it’s where he wants to play. Partner him with an organising on-ball halfback and let him roam and he’ll absolutely kill it.
Agreed, but I recon the suggestion was maybe made?

HarVeeGee13

Gavin Hanrahan
Yeah hard to say. Maybe our recruitment guys just sold the club really well. It seems clear he definitely wanted to come play in Australia, maybe we were the only NRL club prepared to offer him a multi year top 30 deal? Maybe the other clubs tried to get him on a development contract?

Either way he’s supposed to be a better prospect than Dom by most accounts, and Dom has already put together a tasty highlight reel, so I’m expecting Bailey to make a splash in reggies pretty quickly.

TonyM

David Boyd
Yeah hard to say. Maybe our recruitment guys just sold the club really well. It seems clear he definitely wanted to come play in Australia, maybe we were the only NRL club prepared to offer him a multi year top 30 deal? Maybe the other clubs tried to get him on a development contract?

Either way he’s supposed to be a better prospect than Dom by most accounts, and Dom has already put together a tasty highlight reel, so I’m expecting Bailey to make a splash in reggies pretty quickly.

Reading a recent interview by Josh it looks like his Agent the infamous Isaac Moses was the middle man in Bailey's negotiations, factoring in this guys supposed to be "the most powerful man in the NRL" I don't recon he was just "sold" the club well if he had him on his side?

Agreed regarding Dom, lots of surprise over here when he was announced as been NRL bound, and I'm still yet to be convinced he can play to his size from what I've seen to date, Hodgson on the other hand I'm really excited to watch how he develops.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
I'm sure I read somewhere that his parents have moved to Newcastle also.
A good part of us getting Ponga here was looking after his family.
I don't know what Hodgson's parents do, but I'm sure they are having no trouble finding work and a good lifestyle in the Hunter.