Anzac Test thread

I believe the Kiwis are definitely going to put up a difficult match for us tonight. Both teams are threatening and are going to go out and try to smash each other. Tight tussle me thinks.

I can't see it happening, GI, Hodges v Whare, SKD. I think it might get ugly

Seriously i know he plays almost everywhere but where the hell is Gids gonna play tonight, i really expect Smith to get 80 neither of the halves should be taken off and unless Billy gets injured i just don't see Gidley getting a spot.

Like all his games, if Australia are well in front he'll replace smith or come on and play a roving/ zippy role from dummy half and play some lock. Hr can cover pretty much every position too. The perfect bench player

Good to see Australia have the CCC Kiwi on their jersey!

Either way the Kiwis win tonight. :lol:

Can't believe some of the crowd. Being disrespectful and yelling out in the minute silence. Disgusting!

Microphones on the ground and a camera between NZ and Aus during the haka ... so lame. It really ruins it when there's all that stuff between the sides, for me. I wonder if Australia could even see it!

Can't believe some of the crowd. Being disrespectful and yelling out in the minute silence. Disgusting!
I know i thought i was the only one who noticed, it such a horrible thing, it's a minute of silence not a minute of yelling Queensland or NSW or whatever.

What's the point, I'd rather save him and let him have the week off. He's more valuable in a Country team than this boring sh*t.

NZ will never win a test this time of the year - if it were up to me I'd scrap it.

They only do well in a longer format competition.

I think there are enough signs to say NZ will be alot tougher to beat at the world cup. With more time together and more time to prepare not to mention they will probably be at full strength.

1st half was quality but the 2nd half half was boring as bat****. NZ copped some harsh calls from the ref but in the end Australia were just too good. NZ never compete in these one off test matches, though.

Throw in Jez Smith, SBW, Marshall, Mannering, Kasiano, Eastwood, Inu, etc and they'll be serious contenders in this years WC for sure.

Last edited:
I think there are enough signs to say NZ will be alot tougher to beat at the world cup. With more time together and more time to prepare not to mention they will probably be at full strength.
There team is seriously much better than people think, Pritchard was good, Jared warea-harvgraves was good pretty much their forwards are great and when they get people back from injuries(sonny, benji, mannering and manu) they're gonna be a very strong team.

1st half was quality but the 2nd half half was boring as bat****. NZ copped some harsh calls from the ref but in the end Australia were just too good. NZ will be very hard to beat in the World Cup when they get everyone on deck though. They never compete in these one off test matches. I thought Proctor and Taylor were both quite poor tonight and both showed they aren't really up to test level. Throw in Jez Smith, SBW, Marshall, Mannering, Kasiano, Eastwood, Inu, etc and they'll be serious contenders in this years WC for sure.

Good point about the ref...very short 10 metres and some soft penalties...overall refereeing was average imo

Some average as reffing in that game I thought. I thought there were two fair Kiwis tries in the first half disallowed - show me where Glenn lost possession when grounding the ball, and Nightingale penalised for tackling Hodges?! Once a player touches the ball he's fair game - Nightingale can't predict that Hodges will lose the ball. Then there was the major/minor indiscretion penalty to Aus ... first time I've ever heard that rule in all my years of following the game.

Aus ran away with it in the second half when the reffing just got totally one-sided, and deserved to win in the end, but unfortunately it wasn't a fair fight thanks to Klein. If that happened in an Origin game the commentators would be blowing up and it would be in the papers for weeks.

But yeah, as Aidos says, very confident going into the World Cup now with that performance against a full strength Australia, with the amount of NZ players out. Benji must be shaking in his boots, watching that, because I don't see a spot for him in the side anymore. Bring it!!!

Back