Aaron Woods

For the right price yes. He missed origin, been offloaded by 2 teams, he has discipline issues in his game.
 
Averages 1 penalty a game... geez what a statment.

Klemmer makes more meters and more tackle busts... no chit, he did before the bulldogs spent 750k on Woods.

Noticed they didnt put that woods has double the offloads as Klemmer or that he makes more tackles and has a lower missed tackle count.

Pretty much a dog shot article imo.
 
AARON WOODS KEEN ON CRONULLA


Aaron Woods has told his closest friends that he wants to join Cronulla for one reason - to play finals football under Shane Flanagan.

In a sign of respect for the Sharks, Woods views the Shire club as his first choice - should the Bulldogs squeeze him out.

Woods has played in one finals series - seven years ago in his debut 2011 year - and recognises that under Flanagan, the Sharks have missed just one final series since 2012.

The catch is, Cronulla are only interested in signing the former prop at their price - and it's nowhere near the $900,000 contract Woods is currently on at Canterbury.

The Sharks would only be interested in paying half that figure


http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-contract-canterbury-bulldogs-aaron-woods-how-much-cronulla-sharks-salary-cap/kcyy3ed1770q14umrpxb50g8y
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If what is said above is true I don’t want him here. I take it as he thinks he’s too entitled and doesn’t have the ticker to do the hard yards to get a team into finals contention. Maybe he should pull a finger out and try and help his current side get there.
 
Yer stuff that don't think he help with our defence issues probs make it worse if that's possible just look at his efforts for soo last year I thought he was just lazy running back the 10m when Queensland were raiding us in NSW 20m zone. Could be a tougher year next year if they don't sign more forwards. We left with signing Woods and Grant rumours tough times ahead, I really feel for Pearce and Ponga trying to lift the team all the time.
 
News report also stating he was happy not to get picked for SSO1.

Pretty poor attitude if the case. But, having said that, he is still better than our current lot and would make our team better if he came here.

He is pretty stupid to rule us out, he may not want to return to Tigers after they moved him on, Cronulla don't want to pay his price, the dogs appear happy to move him along to fix their salary cap,he wants to stay in Sydney so an interstate club would be out.

Newcastle are close enough to Sydney. Probably go to the roosters with Napa coming here.
 
If what is said above is true I don’t want him here. I take it as he thinks he’s too entitled and doesn’t have the ticker to do the hard yards to get a team into finals contention. Maybe he should pull a finger out and try and help his current side get there.

Jack Bird went to the broncos because he wanted to win a premiership, same as Gaigaj. It doesn't always pan out

Bird would have been better off staying down there
 
News report also stating he was happy not to get picked for SSO1.

Pretty poor attitude if the case. But, having said that, he is still better than our current lot and would make our team better if he came here.

He is pretty stupid to rule us out, he may not want to return to Tigers after they moved him on, Cronulla don't want to pay his price, the dogs appear happy to move him along to fix their salary cap,he wants to stay in Sydney so an interstate club would be out.

Newcastle are close enough to Sydney. Probably go to the roosters with Napa coming here.
I would prefer Napa to Woods, more the type we need
 
Stats or not,
Id think 5yrs in a row of making 150m+ 25-30tks at 95% and many offloads would say he contributed to those teams not being flogged by 40pts every week.
Im guessing your mate is a tigers or dogs fan?
Look at how this forum reacts to 2 losses in a row.... think you can connect the dots from here.

Magpie Fan - He worked closely with Woods at the Wests Tigers, he said he was a good player but he was relieved that he left because the club would be better off. It's proven correct the Tigers pack is a lot better this season.

He didn't contribute to those teams not being flogged by 40 because both teams have been on end of floggings with him in the team.

Look if he buys in to what Brownie is building and gets rid of the crap out of his game, I will cheer for him in Red and Blue like I did when he was in Blue for Origin or Green and Gold for Kangaroos. But I will be extremely angry if he comes here with the attitude he had at Tigers or Bulldogs regardless of stats. He may buy in and great but I don't get the impression that would fit with his personality given what I have seen thus why I say NO. But I would be happiest supporter in the world if he proves me wrong, I'm not holding my breath that will happen but.
 
Magpie Fan - He worked closely with Woods at the Wests Tigers, he said he was a good player but he was relieved that he left because the club would be better off. It's proven correct the Tigers pack is a lot better this season.

He didn't contribute to those teams not being flogged by 40 because both teams have been on end of floggings with him in the team.

Look if he buys in to what Brownie is building and gets rid of the crap out of his game, I will cheer for him in Red and Blue like I did when he was in Blue for Origin or Green and Gold for Kangaroos. But I will be extremely angry if he comes here with the attitude he had at Tigers or Bulldogs regardless of stats. He may buy in and great but I don't get the impression that would fit with his personality given what I have seen thus why I say NO. But I would be happiest supporter in the world if he proves me wrong, I'm not holding my breath that will happen but.

Thanks for all of this Sandra, but its not worth the internet page its written on as Woods isnt interested in going to gods country
 
Back
Top