2020 Pre Season and Trial Games

You’ve just been spoiled in the centre department with the likes of Kane Linnett, Javid Bowen, Coen Hess and Tom Opacic. Not all of them can be that amazing.

That’s the rep player Coen Hess to you sir :lol:

To be fair Kane Linnett was a great servant to the Cowboys. Very underrated with his defence and tough carries out from own goal line.

I assume that halfwit troll is having a go at me, as usual.
I've had him on ignore for about 5 years, and didn't reply to a single post of his for years before that - and as I do once a year or so - I'd like to say the moderators and administrators on this site are gutless and morally bankrupt to allow this to go on forever.
The guy is a lunatic, and that's his problem, but allowing him to spend his life trolling me has impact on me, and is down to you - the gutless moderators who assure me that all I have to do is click ignore and it's all sorted.
I honestly don't know why I bother with this site.
When I don't get my nose rubbed in the fact that an idiot spends his life trolling me, I can just not think about it, but when it becomes clear that the moderators continue to let this happen. I feel like you can all go to hell.

Hey mate, don't let anything anyone says on here get to you, forums like this are a haven for gutless keyboard warriors to spout their rubbish with complete impunity.

Having a bit to do with the juniors myself I for one appreciate your time and the effort you put in to post on here and give us updates on those young blokes coming through and on the whole find them pretty spot on from my assessments. So what if your assessments sometimes aren't as accurate as they could be, you're certainly not on your own there. Ricky Stuart telling Steve Folkes Thurston was too small and he didn't want him at the Roosters comes to mind when I think about how hard it is to gauge player talent/potential in teenagers. I'll give you the tip, if Cowboyman was as knowledgeable and perfect as he claims he would have a senior position at an NRL club rather than typing tough behind his keyboard from his Nan's basement.

On another note Manu Alexander is expecting to be a father next year so maybe he's put on a few pounds in sympathy.

If you’re to simple to realise the different levels of athleticism required between backs and forwards then there really is no point in trying to help you.
I know the difference. I'm just not sure how you can tell with besty. How many games you seen him play?

I know the difference. I'm just not sure how you can tell with besty. How many games you seen him play?

It’s an opinion. I can ask the same of you on why you disagree.

I’ve seen his FG games plus his junior origin game this year. He just looks too big and won’t be agile and athletic enough out wide in the centres of NRL in my opinion.

I assume that halfwit troll is having a go at me, as usual.
I've had him on ignore for about 5 years, and didn't reply to a single post of his for years before that - and as I do once a year or so - I'd like to say the moderators and administrators on this site are gutless and morally bankrupt to allow this to go on forever.
The guy is a lunatic, and that's his problem, but allowing him to spend his life trolling me has impact on me, and is down to you - the gutless moderators who assure me that all I have to do is click ignore and it's all sorted.
I honestly don't know why I bother with this site.
When I don't get my nose rubbed in the fact that an idiot spends his life trolling me, I can just not think about it, but when it becomes clear that the moderators continue to let this happen. I feel like you can all go to hell.

I don’t think it was that bad Billy. Just doesn’t agree with your analysis of our juniors (albeit obsessively). As you were good sir.

Best and Bronson Xerri were neck and neck for speed in the NSW under 18s training last year - Best was a year younger.
Having said that, I think a lot of small guys would beat him over a short distance - Watson, Toa, Ponga, maybe even Crossland and Hoy.
Best and Lee both seem to need a few strides before they start to wind up, while the little guys are at top speed after a step or two.

I don’t think it was that bad Billy. Just doesn’t agree with your analysis of our juniors (albeit obsessively). As you were good sir.
Mate, he went years following up every post I made with insults and frankly moronic drivel.
He has a massive inferiority complex and I made the mistake of making him look foolish a few times, and he's spent the best part of 10 years in a frankly insane effort to "get even".
The guy is deranged.
I put him on ignore so long ago I can't even remember and I haven't read a thing he has posted in longer than most people have been on this forum, and he is still on some Monty Pythonesque crusade.

Mate, he went years following up every post I made with insults and frankly moronic drivel.
He has a massive inferiority complex and I made the mistake of making him look foolish a few times, and he's spent the best part of 10 years in a frankly insane effort to "get even".
The guy is deranged.
I put him on ignore so long ago I can't even remember and I haven't read a thing he has posted in longer than most people have been on this forum, and he is still on some Monty Pythonesque crusade.

Fair enough. If it means anything it is boring.

Dear god Billy :lol:

Again over exaggerating. I haven’t been on this forum for 10 years.

Made me look foolish? I called you out on your exaggeration/lies regarding one player I knew personally and you blocked me for it :lol:

So big Christian Ma'anaima making the junior Kiwis squad is a big deal.
A 17/18 year old making the squad in any position would be something, but you would think the Kiwis would have a lot of props to choose from.
I'm pretty sure he started last season as a centre or wing in under 18s and finished the season in the second row.
This year he was our starting prop in under 18s for the season and was the first or second under 18s player promoted to under 20s, where he played as an impact prop off the bench and started some games.
He is certainly a big, mobile guy. I'm not sure he has huge minutes in him, but he's a force when on the field.
I can remember last year seeing him on the wing and wondering what that huge unit was doing out there - Manu Vatuvai clone maybe - and he had a surprizing turn of speed.

I've been kind of thinking about him as a development player who might turn into something next year - but junior Kiwis selection means someone thinks he has a big future.

Most players who play in the junior Kangaroos v Junior Kiwis game go on to play firstgrade. Many of them, like Star Toa, have already made firstgrade before selection.

At this stage Kurriboy all we can say is they have bright prospects and be like the half glass ~ optimistic.

Far better outlook on life in general compared to the half empty gang. As much as I disagree with some of Billy's troll threads, he has a good knowledge of our juniors.

If making all the junior rep sides proved you are an exceptional talent we'd have 20 or 30 exceptional talents at the club.

I'm going to see how these kids go in first grade before proclaiming them the next superstar.

Slots I agree with you, there is so much hype generated over these up and coming juniors by the fans and Media alike that their heads start to swell with the weight of " perceived expectation " and when they find out that NRL is more demanding physically and mentally than anything they have experienced in their life to date, they often don't have the inner drive or resilience to bounce back from adversity and avoid oblivion.

I hate stats but I was once told that at one time 96% of players have only played 6 games or less ( not sure if these stats are true ), it takes alot more than being a talented juvenile to make it in the big league - Not everyone gets a prize or even a cuddle after every game in the big league.

Don't get me wrong I have spent time coaching in Junior and school systems and love to see young talent exposed but making junior rep sides doesn't necessarily make you a Senior standard anything.

I always assume anyone smart enough to turn on a computer is smart enough to take things in context, but when I read posts like the one's above, it all seems like a new and novel idea to many that success at one level doesn't mean automatic success at the next level.
I often get accused of saying a player is the next immortal because I say they had a great game in under 16s - and when people accuse me that way, I wonder if their carer knows they are on the computer, because you'd have to be a halfwit to conflate the two like that.

Slots I agree with you, there is so much hype generated over these up and coming juniors by the fans and Media alike that their heads start to swell with the weight of " perceived expectation " and when they find out that NRL is more demanding physically and mentally than anything they have experienced in their life to date, they often don't have the inner drive or resilience to bounce back from adversity and avoid oblivion.

I hate stats but I was once told that at one time 96% of players have only played 6 games or less ( not sure if these stats are true ), it takes alot more than being a talented juvenile to make it in the big league - Not everyone gets a prize or even a cuddle after every game in the big league.

Don't get me wrong I have spent time coaching in Junior and school systems and love to see young talent exposed but making junior rep sides doesn't necessarily make you a Senior standard anything.

Not just that, some attributes that make for a great junior player do not necessarily translate to the big leagues.

The Warriors went through a period where they won the NYC in a canter every year because their players just ran over the top of the skinny kids they were playing against. Tonga Likiliki, who we bought from them, made the NYC team of the year twice, played junior kiwis etc and never looked a NRL player for us.

Bryce Cartwright is the best player I ever saw in NYC and he hasn't had much of a NRL career.

It must have been the NYC semi we lost to the Warriors in 2014 where Solomone Kata absolutely clowned Sione who was the hottest junior at the time. Neither had much of an NRL career either.

The list goes on.

Back