Kurtis Patterson
Will Pucovski
Marnie Labuschagne
Tim Paine (c)
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Jhye Richardson
Nathan Lyon (vc)

I like Labuschagne, he has the potential to be a consistent batman who bowls handy leg spin.

I picked Burns because his form is better than Renshaw's.

5. Does anyone in Cricket Australia have an active, working brain?

One must wonder how even Hohns can justify selecting Siddle and the media seem convinced Marnus will bat at 3.

Fantastic day for the Aussies so far with Sri Lanka 8/122

Richardson has been the standout for me with his 3/26 off 14 overs but all the bowlers have played well

Lyon has 1/30 from 13 overs, Starc has 2/41 from 12 overs and Cummins 2/25 from 11 overs

Congratulations to Mitch Starc on 200 test wickets, He joins a pretty exclusive list of Aussie Bowlers to take 200+ test wickets

Nathan Lyon closing in on Lillee as well

Test Wickets AUS.png

Sri Lanka all out for 144, Some fantastic bowling from the Aussies

Starc - 2/41 (12 overs)
Richardson - 3/26 (14 overs)
Cummins - 4/39 (14.4 overs)
Lyon - 1/38 (16 overs)

It will be a challenge batting under lights against a new ball but if we score 300+ this game is over

Australia 2/72 at stumps with Harris 40 not out and Lyon on 0 not out

Khawaja went for 11 and Burns for 15

Australia's day, Need to pile on the runs tomorrow

Richardson was very impressive, swinging the ball at pace. He looks an excellent prospect for the Ashes as English conditions and the Duke ball will suit him.

Australia is in a very strong position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The huge thing is Lefty he would not have got a start with Hazelwood fit. The bowler I was a little disappointed with was Cummins. Their 9 - 10 and 11 batsmen are all No. 11's and Pat bowled far too much short stuff at them. ****wella rattled him pulling and hooking short stuff to make his 64.

How dumb is our censoring ****wella's namne??????

When his head is right yes. He bowled well sessions 1 and 2, not so hot session 3.

Last edited:
Marnus Labsuchagne looked very good and seemed set for a 100 - the glorious uncertainty of cricket. He should be able to kick on from here and cement his place in the team.

Australia should win from here.

A bit disappointing, had hoped they would go on to a big score, 400, but just seem to get out. Bit sorry for Patterson left on own due to Nightwatchman and two quick wickets, lacked tail sticking around.

Excellent performance by Australia.

Great to see Cummins demolish Sri Lanka in the second innings.

Jhye Richardson has a big future for Australia.

Labuschagne and Patterson look good with the bat. I’m still not convinced by Head.

We need our top order batting to improve and for Starc to regain his top form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sri Lanka all out for 139 so Australia win by an innings and 40 runs !!

Cummins got 4/39 and 6/23 for match figures of 10/62

Richardson got 3/26 and 2/19 for match figures of 5/45

Brilliant stuff !! :applause:

That 6/23 and 10/62 from Pat Cummins are the best bowling performances at the Gabba in a long time

BBI Gabba.png

BBM Gabba.png

Back