2019 NSW Cup

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
came off the bench in a game of NYC at the start of the second half - scored 4 tries in 30 minutes and picked up a season ending injury.
He's 17, so 2 more years of under 20s in front of him.
In the off season he started training with the under 18s, got promoted to under 20s, got promoted to reserve grade, and finished training with firstgrade.
Last year in under 18s he was the super sub - played off the bench and went on as wing, centre, 5/8 or hooker - and played exactly the same whatever position - ran like a mad thing and scattered defenders till he scored a try.

Matty23

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
What position do you think will be his long term one Billy, or do you think we’ll just turn him into yet another utility?

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
What position do you think will be his long term one Billy, or do you think we’ll just turn him into yet another utility?
Impossible to say.
He was NZ under 16s 5/8 and we signed him as a 5/8, but in the pre season training photos I kept mistaking him for giant prop Jirah Momoisea, because he's growing up to be a big kid.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
So he could be an over sized Ponga who can play any position but can he kick goals?
All I've ever seen him do is be as strong as a firstgrader playing against kids. I don't know if he has other skills than being bloody hard to tackle for kids. We'll find out when he plays reserve grade next year.

Frank McWilliams

Tony Butterfield
Is that the plan, the unknown quantity to make the big impact, can we expect him to be a future star or just a big boy playing against small boys. Is it a wait and see.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Is that the plan, the unknown quantity to make the big impact, can we expect him to be a future star or just a big boy playing against small boys. Is it a wait and see.
I'm sure the coaches got a fair idea of what he is capable of in the pre season opposed sessions - but I've just seen him being a game breaker off the bench in under 18s.

Matty23

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
There was talk earlier in the year that this kid could’ve made his debut this year. Unfortunate that he is injured. Keen to see more of him.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
1. Tex Hoy,
2. Kiah Cooper,
18. Brayden Musgrove
4. Mitch Andrews,
5. Jacob Gagai,
3. Toby Marks
7. Bayden Searle
8. James Gavet,
9. Danny Levi,
10. Jirah Momoisea
11. Jamie Buhrer,
12. Brodie Jones,
14 Zac Woolford

13. Pasami Saulo.
15. Tevita Alifa,
16. Brandon Russell
17. Luke Huth

Randall out and Levi and Momoisea in, so Randall must be warming up with firstgrade.
Hope that doesn't mean something like Pearce out.

alexwilliams

Jason Edwards
1. Tex Hoy,
2. Kiah Cooper,
18. Brayden Musgrove
4. Mitch Andrews,
5. Jacob Gagai,
3. Toby Marks
7. Bayden Searle
8. James Gavet,
9. Danny Levi,
10. Jirah Momoisea
11. Jamie Buhrer,
12. Brodie Jones,
14 Zac Woolford

13. Pasami Saulo.
15. Tevita Alifa,
16. Brandon Russell
17. Luke Huth

Randall out and Levi and Momoisea in, so Randall must be warming up with firstgrade.
Hope that doesn't mean something like Pearce out.
Hopefully it means Mann is out

R_A

Ben Kennedy
Really hope we can find a way to have Hoy be a regular in the first grade team over the next 12 months.

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
tex Hoy and Mitch Andrews both are being given 191 run metres - that will probably change when they review it later.