2019 Ashes Series

I think Marcus Harris has to come in, Happy to give Warner 1 more shot

I think we need Starc, Siddle has bowled well but I just like the x-factor Starc brings

David Warner
Marcus Harris
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith (Marnus Labuschagne if Smith is out)
Travis Head
Matthew Wade
Tim Paine
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon
 
I think Marcus Harris has to come in, Happy to give Warner 1 more shot

I think we need Starc, Siddle has bowled well but I just like the x-factor Starc brings

David Warner
Marcus Harris
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith (Marnus Labuschagne if Smith is out)
Travis Head
Matthew Wade
Tim Paine
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Nathan Lyon

I would drop Bancroft, I don’t think he is up to test standard at present. Harris deserves another chance.

I would give Warner 1 more test, if he fails again, I would drop him, move Khawaja to opener and play Labuschagne. I like Labuschagne, I think he will become a valuable all rounder in the test team.

I would play Starc in the third test too.
 
Pretty poor performance overnight but good to see Warner back in the runs. He and Labuschagne scored 155 of our 179 all out!

Labuschagne would newver have got a start with a fit Steve Smith and Khawaja, Head and Wade struggle big time.
 
Lubuschange did well in previous test and this, Smith comes back next then someone else may be dropped so 2nd innings becomes critical for some and for team to save the match, under 200 with lots of failures, nothing from the tail.
 
Lubuschange did well in previous test and this, Smith comes back next then someone else may be dropped so 2nd innings becomes critical for some and for team to save the match, under 200 with lots of failures, nothing from the tail.

As I have said before I like Labuschange and not just because of his batting, his leg spin has a lot of potential. He could end up being a true all rounder who adds another dimension to our bowling attack with his leg spin.

Obviously unless we bowl the Poms out cheaply in the first innings we are in big trouble in this game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
fast bowlers are going well.
don't know why Lyon is on when the fast bowlers are near unplayable.
 
Lunch, big effort from bowlers, only one score to double figures, can we dream of Poms all out with us in front by 50+, let the dream begin
 
All out with a huge lead when you consider ours didn’t look great, Hazlewood was terrific with good support, let’s bat well and set this game up for win and bring the ashes home.
 
The Poms are all out for 67!!! I can’t remember the Poms being bowled out for less in an Ashes test that I have watched and I’ve been watching since 1975!

Australia leads on the first innings by 112, when they only scored 179.

Unbelievably it’s a sunny day in Leeds! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
 
Last edited:
It’s [emoji2527]’s lowest score in 71 years in Ashes tests! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
 
Last edited:
We could still lose this match if the pitch settles down and we don't get a 350 plus lead.
Seems funny to say it's in the balance after we had such a great day.
 
England’s 67 is their fourth lowest score on home soil ever and 2 of those scores were in the 19th century. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Australia’s 179 is the lowest score in test history to yield a 100 plus first innings lead [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

The Cricket Australia website says due to the way the wicket is playing Australia’s lead is worth another 100 runs in normal conditions.

We need to add as many runs as we can tomorrow morning and then bowl well again.
 
Last edited:
Need all we can get then bowl well, first session weather permitting should go a long way to determining the result, still anyone’s game.
 
Need all we can get then bowl well, first session weather permitting should go a long way to determining the result, still anyone’s game.

History will need to be defied if England are any chance, We already lead by 283 and still have 4 wickets in hand

It's over imo

Highest successful run chases in Ashes History

Australia 3/404 in 1948 at Headingley
England 7/332 in 1928 at MCG
Australia 6/315 in 1902 at Adelaide Oval
England 4/315 in 2001 at Headingley
England 4/298 in 1895 at MCG

Highest successful run chases at Headingley

Australia 3/404 in 1948
West Indies 5/322 in 2017
England 4/315 in 2001
England 7/219 in 1982
England 5/186 in 1929
 
Back
Top