2013 NSW Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Lower Grades' started by Joshhh, Oct 24, 2012.

1. paddy

paddy Darren Forward

And they make great pizza lol lol lol

2. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Robbie Tew

Anyhow I am glad we only lost by 4 rather than the whoop *** Norths were given.

3. Theknightsrule7

Theknightsrule7 Matthew Gidley

Looking for work
    I went along to it as I stayed in Sydney Saturday night. Really surprised there wasn't more knights fans there as I'm sure some would have stayed the night in Sydney.

Even had the 'our town our team banner' there.

4. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Robbie Tew

Unfortunately there never is a huge crowd - shame for the boys.

5. NEV1968

NEV1968 Con Mika

I think that social media ( sorry ) has a lot to do with it. Why go to a game when we have instant updates via Twitter, Facebook and this forum. It turns all of us into armchair experts.....HAHAHHAHA. BTW - many thanks to all who have posted these updates. Another factor is the multiple ovals / fields that the NSW cup team calls "home". The NRL and each team must continue to push NSW Cup as a major draw card as these players deserve to play in front of decent crowds.

6. Ms.Nobody

Ms.Nobody Banned

I've been to Leichhardt about 4 times the past 6 weeks and I don't usually complain about facilities and I eat before or not at all but the food is just terrible, parking is dismal and the overall place is just crap.

Only Tigers fans enjoy it because they're used to it.

They need to play games before NRL if they want to boost crowds, it's as simple as that.

7. paddy

paddy Darren Forward

geezus i have watched game twice more and i still cant believe we lost thei game...4 of windsors tries had an element of luck involved............they just cant win final..

8. paddy

paddy Darren Forward

All credit the team that won the defence was outstanding..against the bears and then windsor who played their final last week.

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think we could have beaten both those sides if we had Kev Naiqama and Matt Hilder - but I suppose making the top four in firstgrade and giving it our best shot to reach the grandfinal was far more important than a reserve grade title.
    Very impressed with Penrith's Fijian winger. He will be a firstgrade star next year, and ironically he might keep Kev Naiqama in reserve grade - Kev can't catch a break.

10. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    The best team all year won just like in first grade.

11. Billy

The Sharks/Melbourne side were way better than anyone else early in the season, but as injuries in the two firstgrade teams took out most of the firstgrade quality players they had they came back to the pack. They still had access to quality development players from two clubs, and got a few back when their firstgrade teams were knocked out, but by grandfinal day they were far from unbeatable. Our best side would have tested them.

12. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    I beg to differ. Your side could of put in another crap performance and get done by more then what Windsor did, we will never know.

The best team in each of the 3 comps won yesty and all thoroughly deserve their premiership.

13. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I don't think we'd have won, Cronulla bet Windsor comfortably and Windsor were equally comfortable over us.

We just lacked the consistency this year, we'd be great one week and average the next. On our day we could beat anybody, but you have to do that three or four weeks in a row to win the grand final, and we weren't up to it.

14. Billy

We beat them in Newcastle fairly comfortably, but as i said earlier, the difference was that Kev and Hilder were pretty key players for us, and they were both out because we were still alive in firstgrade. Kev spent the last month of the comp causing havoc by linking with AJ, Pete and Chanel down the left side, and Hilder's workrate was crucial to keep our pack together.
    Admittedly the absolute standout player for us when we beat them in Newcastle was Cuthbertson, and he wasn't available, but I'm pretty confident that if Cronulla and Melbourne had both made the top four in firstgrade and we didn't, it would have been a completely different ball game. A few of our best in, and a few of their best out would make all the difference, which is why reserve grade can be a real lottery towards the end.

15. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    That's just a cop out. What players out of this side would of been in the Sharks/Storm line-ups had they made the final 4 sides in the NRL?

1. Nathan Gardner
    2. Nathan Stapleton
    3. Kirisome Auva’a
    4. Stewart Mills
    5. Young Tonumaipea
    6. Penani Manumalealii
    7. Chad Townsend
    8. Siosaia Vave
    9. Pat Politoni
    10. Mark Taufua
    11. Junior Moors
    12. Tupou Sopoaga
    13. Tyrone Peachey
    14. Junior Roqica
    16. Michael Lichaa
    17. Tim Robinson
    18. Matthew Wright
    19. David Fifita
    20. Rodney Coates
    22. Daniel Moroko

My guess would be Peachey and Taufua at an absolute stretch, both likely to of missed out on the top 17. Carney would of been back for the prelims if the Sharks got past Manly so Townsend wouldn't of been in the FG side.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  16. paddy

paddy Darren Forward

Our team changed to much to often even the stupid selection of will smith and not playing vai vai for the last match baffles me.
    should have made the final and would have been 40% chance imho....but strange things can happen in finals..

17. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

I'm gonna miss Will Smith. He set up so many tries for us this year. They were usually for the other team, but still.

18. paddy

paddy Darren Forward

lol lol quality

19. JoshW21

JoshW21 #RiseForAlex

Sports Trainer/Coach
    NSW Cup Coach's Award goes to Mitchell Frei

NSW Cup Players' Player Award goes to Matt Hilder

20. Billy

It's an old cliche, but Frei only knows one way to run - never take a sideways step - just runs straight forward every time - and in the game against Wyong where we were down to 11 players for a while and had a prop sent off in the first 10 minutes he played 70 minutes and never shirked a hit up once. I think he is just a Dan Tolar type footballer, but he gets stuck in.