2013 NRL Teams

Junior11

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Post all 2013 NRL Teams and Discussion in this thread apart from the Knights!

The rumour is we're giving Tigers a player, Tigers are giving Sharks Heighington and Sharks are giving us Smith :lol:

Makes sense.
 
The Sharks have Lewis, Graham and Gallen as 80 minute backrowers. They don't need Chris Heighington.

I don't think he will be leaving. The Tigers just lost Ellis.
 
I think they're planning to play Gallen at prop. Well that's what most Sharks fans think so there'll be a spot there. But you've also gotta add in Tupou and Bukuya so yeah it looks unlikely.
 
I think they're planning to play Gallen at prop. Well that's what most Sharks fans think so there'll be a spot there. But you've also gotta add in Tupou and Bukuya so yeah it looks unlikely.

I don't think Tupou and Bukuya will play FG next year.. Apart from rep. But they still don't need Heighington, he would just be playing reserves there anyway, we don't need him here, too many backrowers.
 
Bukuya is a freak, he's a FGer at any club..

Forwards are beside the necessity for the Sharks anyway, they need backs!! If Gordon hits form at Fullback then maybe they can be a top side
 
Bukuya is a freak, he's a FGer at any club..

Forwards are beside the necessity for the Sharks anyway, they need backs!! If Gordon hits form at Fullback then maybe they can be a top side

They have lacked a good fullback for years. Gardner is good in patches but is too injury prone & is pretty poor in defence
 
I reckon they should play Bukuya at centre, strong hole runner especially close to the line and good defender.

1. Michael Gordon
2. Matt Wright
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Jason Bukuya
5. Jonathan Wright

Not bad.

Actually, still pretty **** :lol:
 
Last edited:
I reckon they should play Bukuya at centre, strong hole runner especially close to the line and good defender.

1. Michael Gordon
2. Matt Wright
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Jason Bukuya
5. Jonathan Wright

Not bad.

Actually, still pretty **** :lol:

Sharks backline problems over the years have been due to the fact they have had second rower types constantly playing centre. And your solution is to put another one there? haha. They need a Gagai type centre to complement Pomeroy on the otherside, not a pomeroy clone. In fact I'd get rid of Pomeroy all together.
 
Lol at the Sharks. Matt Wright will be a good fullback or Vuna style winger in a few years but he's just too slow for the Sharks needs. They need speed & skill, buying Jono Wright is another dumb move. Like Jonno said, they need a Gagai & could do with a Uate also. Too bad for them. :redface:
 
Yeah I completely agree, they just lack skill in their backline altogether which has been their downfall for years. But sadly for them they don't have anyone with assets like Gagai and it looks like they have no intentions on ever signing a Gagai-like player. So for that reason I'd rather play someone like Bukuya there who can at at least provide impact and defence than a nobody like Mills or Stapleton that offers nothing.
 
Only about 7 years actually. Peachey went ok.

Brett Kearney was great for them too, just constantly injured. He was a key part of them finishing top four in 2008.

Bukuya and Tupou not in first grade next year?! Someone's been smoking something ...
 
I reckon they should play Bukuya at centre, strong hole runner especially close to the line and good defender.

1. Michael Gordon
2. Matt Wright
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Jason Bukuya
5. Jonathan Wright

Not bad.

Actually, still pretty **** :lol:
You can now add Beau Ryan in there somewhere
 
I don't think Ryan is much better than Jono Wright so they'll still have the worst backline in the comp by a mile.
 
Ryans alright, he can score a try but does not have Aku's ability to create them. Carney and Gordon will give him enough quality ball to get across the try line plenty of times.
 
That's exactly how I'd describe every other Sharks winger. Ryan's definitely an improvement but only a slight one imo. I hope for them the Jennings rumours are true.
 
I reckon they should play Bukuya at centre, strong hole runner especially close to the line and good defender.

1. Michael Gordon
2. Matt Wright
3. Ben Pomeroy
4. Jason Bukuya
5. Jonathan Wright

Not bad.

Actually, still pretty **** :lol:

I'd have Stapleton in there somewhere or is he moving on?
 
Oh yeah forgot about him.

1. Nathan Gardner
2. Nathan Stapleton
3. Ben Pomeroy/Jonathan Wright
4. Michael Gordon
5. Beau Ryan

I don't know if that's better or worse lol their backline is in all sorts
 
Last edited:
Back
Top