2012 Toyota Cup (NYC) Under 20's Thread

well we bombed some chances and they bombed some chances and overall it was an even contest...
what about the size of the Raiders numbers 8 and 17! Goliath and the Colossus of Rhodes!
Sims went ok, looked great scoring his try, really athletic and would make a good 2nd rower in first grade, prop if he puts on another couple of kgs in the right areas, but looks a 2nd rower to me...

Knights v Tigers
Monday June 25
Gates open: 4:30pm
NYC: 4:45pm
NRL: 7.00pm
Venue: Hunter Stadium

1. Kurt Mann

2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Api Pewhairangi (c)
4. James Elias
5. Josh Allison
6. Will Smith
7. Tom Rouse
8. Paterika Vaivai
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Nathan Clarke
12. Ben Roose
13. Tyler Sullivan

Interchange:

14. Chad Redman
15. Michael Steele
16. Jeremy Ma'a
17. Kori Barber

Geordie Connelly in for James Elias at centre.

Tyler sullivan out as well. Redman to lock and Gadd joins the bench.

Led 14-0, lost 18-14. They're now 6th on the table, Tigers are 4th. We would've gone to 3rd on for and against with a win.

Round 17 Game Details:
Eels v Knights
5.15pm Saturday June 30
Venue: Parramatta Stadium

1. Kurt Mann
2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Api Pewhairangi (c)
4. Tyler Randell
5. Geordie Connelly
6. Will Smith
7. Tom Rouse
8. Paterika Vaivai
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Nathan Clarke
12. Ben Roose
13. Chad Redman

Interchange:

14. Michael Steele
15. Anthony Gadd
16. Jeremy Ma'a
17. Kori Barber

Just looking at the stats for the last few weeks and i see Adam Clydesdale has topped the tackle count for the last four games and did an incredible 50 tackles in the game v Wests.

Bad loss - the defence was pathetic - although Clydesdale easily topped the tackle count with 33 made 0 missed - next best was Roose on 21.

Tyler Randell is Tyler Sullivan using a different name. He played lock and his defence was much better than it used to be.

^I was wondering about Randell, I thought he looked just like Tyler Sullivan but I hadn't heard anything about a name change.

Might be a few sessions of defence this week for the 20s, it was pretty woeful.

Round 18 Game Details:
Rabbitohs v Knights
11:45am Sunday July 8
Venue: ANZ Stadium

1. Kurt Mann

2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Api Pewhairangi (c)
4. Tyler Randell
5. Lachlan Shipard
6. Will Smith
7. Tom Rouse
8. Paterika Vaivai
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Nathan Clarke
12. Ben Roose
13. Chad Redman

Interchange:

14. Geordie Connelly
15. Kailem Perkins
16. Anthony Gadd
17. Michael Steele

real lazy cut and paste effort.
He isn't even bothering to post the starting side from the week before - just the named side.

Big difference is Ma'a being out. Could just be that it's exam time at Uni and Jeremy needs the week off to study.

Rabbitohs 24 (James Roberts, Jordan Tuiavii, Apisai Koroisau, Jesse Roberts tries, Apisai Koroisau 4/4 conversions) def. Knights 16 (Chanel Mata'utai 2, Paterkia Vaivai tries, William Smith 2/3 conversion).

Does that see us slip out of the top eight? Man, this season is going downhill in all the grades! I really thought we were going to challenge this season in the Toyota Cup.

Nah we were 7th, they were 8th so we swapped positions on the ladder. We started off so positively too, I think we were in the top 4 for most the season, don't know what's going on lately, I dont think the injuries are helping. I tell you what, this Vaivai guy can be anything, what a prospect we have! Don't think it'll be long until he and Sims are regulars in first grade.

Much better effort than last week.
We basically lost because Sims went up to NSW cup and Steele and Roose were injured early, so Vaivai, Barber and Gadd all had big games but weren't good enough to carry the day.
Clydesdale made 44 tackles to top the count for about the 5th week in a row. He is now the best player in the side IMO, and has another year to go.

Rivalry Round Game Details:
Knights v Sea Eagles
Saturday July 14
Gates open: 3pm
NYC: 3:15pm
NRL: 5:30pm
Venue: Hunter Stadium

1. Kurt Mann
2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Api Pewhairangi (c)
4. Dale Clacherty
5. Geordie Connelly
6. Will Smith
7. Tom Rouse
8. Paterika Vaivai
9. Adam Clydsdale
10. Jeremy Ma'a
11. Nathan Clarke
12. Anthony Gadd
13. Tyler Randell

Interchange:

14. Chad Redman
15. Kailem Perkins
16. Lachlan Shipard
17. Kori Barber

Sims playing up, Steele and Roose getting injured early and Ma'a probably out for Uni exams cost us the game against Souths, but I was really impressed with how Vaivai, Gadd and Barber aimed up. We matched them for 60 minutes.

I'd like to see Jackson Hill and Tye Alchin get a game so we have some size up front, but those forwards might do.

Rouse didn't play.
Maá didn't play.
They started with Smith and Mann in the halves and Connelly at fullback, but switched to Smith and Randell in the halves and Mann back to fullback when Connelly missed a tackle to let in a try (or took a wrong option rather). Later in the game they had Smith and Connelly in the hlaves.
We lost in the forwards again, but i was really impressed with Gadd. He wasn't that fit when he came down from Qld a few months ago, but he looks fitter every week and he shows new skills every week. He is a massive unit who has a great offload, a good short pass before the line, a great long pass to set up his outside players and good vision. He is like a 10kg bigger version of Ethan Cook.

Funniest thing for me was seeing former Knight Nat Cooper lining up against former Eagle Nat Clarke. Coops got the points victory by scoring the match winning try.

We've gone down the drain. But it always happens, we start so well and then fall apart through injuries.

The 20s comp needs to be revised. Make it an Under 23s.

We've gone down the drain. But it always happens, we start so well and then fall apart through injuries.

The 20s comp needs to be revised. Make it an Under 23s.

I would certainly back a return to the old pre-Superleague structure, which was reserve grade and the under-23s.

Imo it would only lead to an overall increase in quality to the competition.

Warriors v Knights
3:15pm (NZT), Saturday, 21 July 2012
Mt Smart Stadium

1. Kurt Mann
2. Chanel Mata'utia
3. Api Pewhairangi (c)
4. Joshua Allison
5. Lachlan Shipard
6. Will Smith
7. Tyler Randell
8. Paterika Vaivai
9. Adam Clydsdale