Your team vs Cowboys

If everyone's fit I'd go the same team as this week, but; Mata'utia into the centre's with Gagai, then BJ on to the bench in place of Houston.

Last edited:
Gidley just weakens the side dramatically no matter where you try and slot him in, its a shame the Knights are in this position of needing to play him. He needs to just give the game away for the good of the team.

This proves how poorly you understand the game, and more to the point, the Knights and their roster

If anyone was wondering why we seemed so disjointed and unorganized in attack, maybe we should have a think about the command and direction we lose when Gidley (our captain) is replaced by an 18 year old who has never played FB in FG...

Perhaps we should wait to see what sort of team we are with Gids before completely writing him off

I for one think Gidley will improve our side at fullback. But many are acting like he is our poison to the side.

I for one think Gidley will improve our side at fullback. But many are acting like he is our poison to the side.

Same. I think he will surprise a few of us. Obviously not going to be Hayne like, but will be safe and chip in nicely. Sione could do with a few weeks in NSW Cup at Ctr IMO just so he can really start turning heads. The only reason heads have turned so far was due to Sheens selecting him in 4 Nations (albeit he did play well). I still look at him as somewhat unproven. But I certainly rate his potential given he's only 18!!

Gidley will probably start the year off the pace a bit. But nothing like last year.
This year he did all the pre season skill work, unlike last year when he missed most of the pre season, and he had only had a handful of games in a couple of years.
Even last week he did all the training apparently.
But anyway, he always starts rusty.
He is good for a few dropped balls, poor passes and brain snaps next week.

If gids is fit stone has to make the tough call. We can't carry a back or bj on the bench with j smith looking off the pace and only playing 35 minutes.

Randall has to be there too.

If gids is fit stone has to make the tough call. We can't carry a back or bj on the bench with j smith looking off the pace and only playing 35 minutes.

Did he really only play 35 minutes? Gee he's good for a couple of good tackles a game but it's not worth it anymore if he's playing limited minutes & not doing much else.

The heat killed off some of our starters minutes, I'm sure we'll get more game time out of Smith as the season goes on .....

Yeah a little more impact off the bench would be nice ......

Before our last game I would have said drop Randell and put Sione or Leilua on the bench but Randell was seriously impressive and completely deserves his spot for this next game

If Gids is not just 100% fit but 1000% fit and ready then I say Sione will be the one to drop to NSW Cup. If Leilua doesn't find consistency for 80 minutes in the next few weeks then Sione will be straight in to replace him.

If we go on form from Saturday's game and not who's a good fellow Mcmannus should go. Sione to wing with Gidley to custodian. I look forward to Leilua getting fit and being on the pace for the 80 min. 180m ran, more tackle breaks than anyone else and was running stronger at the end of 80 than anyone . I must have watched a different game than you blokes.

That's been the ideal scenario this entire time, Sione replacing McManus but it just won't happen anytime soon.

Guilty of underestimating Leilua's efforts in that game, what a beast he is. Still has some brain snaps but I'll take them for all the damage he causes on the opposition. He's still a better centre than Sione, there's no doubt.

Back