Top 10 junior prospects

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
We have never had a better crop of juniors to pick from.
Top 10 in order for me.

1 Sione
2 Brock Lamb
3 Joe Tapine
4 Danny Levi
5 Jake Mamo
6 Jack Cogger
7 Tom Starling
8 Brendan O'Hagan
9 Kurtis Dark
10 Harry Pondekas

Every one of them have played for NSW, Qld or NZ, and most either have or will play for Australia.

No Chanel or Pat?
Not having a crack, I just thought it's interesting after reading about them. That's a great list, hopefully a few good years for us in the future

Well that explains that then, thanks Billy.
I agree with defender1 too, Fitzgibbon look like a real likely prospect... He's not one of Wayne's boys is he?

Well that explains that then, thanks Billy.
I agree with defender1 too, Fitzgibbon look like a real likely prospect... He's not one of Wayne's boys is he?
Fitzgibbon is Knights through and through.
His uncle and father are two of the biggest benefactors of the team in recent years.
Mark Fitzgibbon is CEO of NIB, one of our best and most loyal sponsers (the only one who stuck through the Tinkler years I think) - and Joel Fitzgibbon is a federal member of parliment and former Cessnock player who helped us get the money to upgrade the stadium.

I know he's a year out of NYC, but I really rate James Elias as well. He's going to be a really good player for us.

How many of the 10 are bennetts boys then and likely to leave ?

1 Sione - from Raymond terrace
2 Brock Lamb - from Maitland
3 Joe Tapine - kiwi
4 Danny Levi - kiwi
5 Jake Mamo - from central coast
6 Jack Cogger - from central coast
7 Tom Starling - local
8 Brendan O'Hagan - from central coast
9 Kurtis Dark - from mid north coast (cousin of Dane and Boyd Cordner)
10 Harry Pondekas - Brisbane Broncos junior who came on Wayne's invitation

1. Sione
2. Jake Mamo
3. Joey Tapine
4. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
5. Danny Levi
6. Brock Lamb
7. Jack Cogger
8. Petterson-Robati
9. Luke Yates
10. Not too sure tbh. Maybe Feeney but I need to see more.

I know he's a year out of NYC, but I really rate James Elias as well. He's going to be a really good player for us.
Yeah, he's been great in NSW Cup and a real threat lately at centre. Even in the second row earlier this year, he did a remarkable job for a guy his size. He seems like a well balanced footballer who could probably do a job in most positions, I reckon.

Last edited:
The best thing about James Elias is his defense. All the way back in our under 18s team from 2011 that won a national title his defense was a massive positive for the side. He isn't big, but he loves to wrestle. Once he gets hold of a guy he sticks like mud and wrestles the hell out of them till the ref calls held. He reminds me of Bedsy the way he latches on to bigger blokes and is all over them.

It's a bit disappointing how few of our under 18s side from 2011 have come through.
Adam Clydsdale is the star.
Kurt Mann is the most successful of the rest so far.
Pat Mataútia will make firstgrade next year.
Michael Steele is improving every game.
James Elias is looking good.
Tom Rouse was the star of the side and he is having a poor year in the Qld cup.
Jed Hill went to Penrith this year. Don't know if he got any games in NSW cup.

I remember thinking late in 2012, he was gonna be a bolter for first-grade in 2013 just because he was the type of player Bennett would have liked, defensively strong, can move between centre & backrow easily. While obviously that didn't eventuate i still do rate him, not only is he defensively strong but getting a better look at him in NSW Cup this year he's a good runner of the ball too.

It's a bit disappointing how few of our under 18s side from 2011 have come through.
Adam Clydsdale is the star.
Kurt Mann is the most successful of the rest so far.
Pat Mataútia will make firstgrade next year.
Michael Steele is improving every game.
James Elias is looking good.
Tom Rouse was the star of the side and he is having a poor year in the Qld cup.
Jed Hill went to Penrith this year. Don't know if he got any games in NSW cup.

Was that the year Ethan Cook came through? He's one kid I got wrong. Thought he'd make it for sure. Was my favourite NYC player for a couple of years there.

Was that the year Ethan Cook came through? He's one kid I got wrong. Thought he'd make it for sure. Was my favourite NYC player for a couple of years there.
Ethan was the same year as Tyrone Roberts. A few years ahead of those guys. His big fault was his reluctance to tackle.

Stone said he was 18th man on a couple of occasions back in 2011, he'd really have to regret going to Penrith now. Sometimes you have to be patient & i'm sure a couple of years in NSW Cup would have done him good. But i think he got injured at the start of this year & has fallen off the radar ever since.

Cogger looks like a class player. Excellent selective passing game and knows when to run. I like Fitzgibbon aswell could be a really good attacking backrower but his defence is a bit suspect at times. The little redheaded halfback from the 16's is a talent too.

Back