Official: Dane Gagai leaving the Knights

If he truly wants to come back, maybe he can entice a couple of other players to come along too. Perhaps that was the strategy all along ;) haha

Some rumours coming out that he wants out of Souths and back to Newcastle
Interesting
Sauce?

If true we should lowball tf out of him, once Fergo is on the books he is nowhere near as important to our squad as he has been in the past. Much respect to him though, super solid winger.

Sauce?
If true we should lowball tf out of him, once Fergo is on the books he is nowhere near as important to our squad as he has been in the past. Much respect to him though, super solid winger.

I've heard from a few people that he and his family would rather be back in Newcastle but I doubt anything will come of it.

Yeah it's a rumour doing the Souths forums, One guy said he was near some ex Knights players or something and he overheard them saying something similar. There's been a few different posters on their forums saying this now.

It might be something as simple as maybe Gagai doesn't like Sydney and enjoyed living in Newcastle

And yes as I mentioned above he won't get the 750k or whatever it is that he was on at the Souths, I'd find it hard to stomach our original offer but at least he can play a few positions if needed considering Ponga will be playing Origin until he's 30 now.

He might have mentioned to someone that he wishes he was still at Knights and that could be how these rumours start, something taken out of context. He is ok player but wing only, wouldn't put him in front of Ramien, Moga, Sione or Ferguson, if he comes, at centre and especially not worth what he is being paid to play wing.
I think he is the type to stick with his current contract and then might move, if Souths are going to win a comp then they will do it in next 2-4 yrs so he might as well stay and we will be at our best in 2-3 yrs, he has good options.

Worth monitoring anyway because Brownie said 'never say never' to a reunion, probably because of their good relationship and there was no bad blood and more importantly he didnt act like a DH on his way out like others did.

Yeah it's a rumour doing the Souths forums, One guy said he was near some ex Knights players or something and he overheard them saying something similar. There's been a few different posters on their forums saying this now.

It might be something as simple as maybe Gagai doesn't like Sydney and enjoyed living in Newcastle

And yes as I mentioned above he won't get the 750k or whatever it is that he was on at the Souths, I'd find it hard to stomach our original offer but at least he can play a few positions if needed considering Ponga will be playing Origin until he's 30 now.
Cheers! Hopefully this is on LU, no way in hell am I signing up to the Warren lol

Take him back strictly on the wing, and as backup only at Centre/FB.
He is a great Winger, average centre.

Back