Official: Dane Gagai leaving the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by rhugh89, May 22, 2017.

1. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Gags was basically quiet except for putting a hand on the ball for a try, think over all our 2-5 players outplayed there 2-5 which included two SOO players even allowing for two pieces of not so reliable play from Sio.
    Not a Sio fan but normally safe and reliable and they targeted him after that and he went ok.

2. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

That error alone Sio made our back 5 much worst.
    They were opening us up both edges.

3. Frank McWilliams

Our problem was we were under constant attack from big high kicks which we couldn't produce in similar circumstances, we failed to make ground through forwards partly due to fatigue because of tackling and lack of depth through kicks meaning they had territorial advantage. Even allowing for Sio we were better in positions 2-5 three to one with SKD a standout

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

As ive said before, a better performance in D leads to more ball and better field position.
    We could have the best attacking players across the park but if they cant defend well u dont score points.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Looking at the ladder was surprised to see now have second worst defence and for/against.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We've had that for 4wks in a row

7. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

6th was not an indication of where we actually are as a team... 10th is about right... maybe 12th...

8. Frank McWilliams

Ladder position a bit misleading probably a win or two ahead of where we should be and for and against due to a few big blowouts, hopefully we can fix that a bit over the next 5-6 rounds.

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

We are way ahead of where even the most optimistic thought we would be at this stage.
    We have played some very good sides and have had 3 home games and 6 away games.
    Before the season kicked off, the best people were hoping for was 3 wins by now, and we have 5.
    Losing Pearce was a big blow to our chances, but we are still way ahead of where anyone thought, and with an easier run home than most.

Lord of the Skraelings and Lefty like this.
  10. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    It's interesting that there was a piece on Gaigai's departure stating what we had already known.

Interestingly Brown still maintains he would take him back 'one day' and to 'never say never' at a reunion. Because he didn't leave on bad terms. Which I agree with. Dont agree with the 'gave it his best BS' but its not surprising he said that.

By then he'll be older and probably worth half of what he is on to play on the wing, wouldnt be bad! Otherwise will be a pass I think.

Besides when Inglis goes he can step up as a leader in the backs for that team.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

I'd take him back at reduced pay and on the wing, otherwise no thanks.

12. Battler

Battler Michael Reid

I reckon Gags looks a fair bit stronger this year. He still looks well weighted and in proportion, makes me wonder why the Knights didn't have him fit like this.

13. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

Still useless.

Lefty likes this.
  14. Frank McWilliams

He is a ball in hand player, give him space feed him and he will make plenty of distance on the other side he is a shirt puller who at best slows up the opposition allowing others to make the tackle, in a good to very good side who have more than 50% ball he is good, in a bad side, Knights 2017 and prior, not so good, no ball and can't tackle, he is better at Souths than with us due to above

Still_Nutty likes this.
  15. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Some rumours coming out that he wants out of Souths and back to Newcastle
    Interesting

16. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

To be honest I would not want him back Ramien and Moga will do as our centre's with Sione and Denniss as back ups and I personally would rather SKD and Fergo on the wings if we can get him ….

17. daverene

daverene Tony Kemp

Software developer
    If that is true...he must hate living in Sydney...:brickwall:

18. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Yeah it's an interesting one. Going back to that article when he was weighing up the offers Brownie couldn't guarantee the Knights were going to be able to land many quality players (only Ponga so far) and they missed out on Bird, All those other signings happened after he left. The Him/Mooney absolutely nailed it by not matching the Souths offer but part of me wonders if the transition from McGuire to Seibold (as good a coach as he has been this year) and the high bars he's set for the Souths is something Gagai is struggling to cope with considering he's been playing for us and then the Souths struggling last year.

I think guys like Pearce and Ponga can absolutely make him look like a better player but would not take him on the 750k he's on now, maybe 550-600 if the Souths release him.

19. Wobbles

Wobbles John Schuster

I'd take him back if it was up to me, however primarily as a winger with the ability to cover across the backline.
    Playing in the centres is most definitely not playing to his strengths.

Tasgirl and packo like this.
  20. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    That’s interesting considering how well Souths are going.

If that’s the case he must really love the club and we should welcome him back. Only to play wing!!!!!!

Tasgirl likes this.