English Premier League thread

Yeah same. The Spurs' goal was pretty much all luck as well - apart from the finish

Torres is a huge loss... only for 9 days or something isn't it?

2-3 weeks ... looks certain he will be out for when we take on Man utd at Anfield :(

Keegan leaves Newcastle. He was unhappy about the transfer policy or lack of it............ I reckon Milner going to Villa was the last straw.

One unhappy Mrs PK!!

EPL Sum up of the past week

1. Kevin Keegan has NOT left Newcastle and he is still there manager.

2.Robinho to man city is a huge and there new owner is offering man utd $278 million for C.Ronaldo.

3. Torres almost certainly out for man utd's with gerrard a 50/50 chance of playing.

Anything else you need to know post it here

Newcastle have released a statement saying that Keegan's an important part of their future but haven't said he's still their manager. The League Managers' Association (managers' trade union) have said that Keegan's spoken with them and hasn't officially quit yet, but he is still talking to them - Keegan's renowned for this, he walked out on Newcastle in '97 and England in 2000 - I reckon he'll go, it's just a case of when.

I've got more chance of playing for Man City than C.Ronaldo - he doesn't want to go anywhere but Real Madrid and Man U will NOT sell him to City. The new owner can make whatever outrageous bids he wants to now that the window's closed. The royal family in Abu Dhabi still haven't publicly come out and supported the businessman who's bought the club. He was on the news late last night (our time) and was asked about bidding £60 - £70m for Ronaldo and he said if a player is worth that money then he would bid it.

Robinho is a huge signing for City.. they are looking to sign heaps of superstars (new Owners are looking to spend big).

Hey PK whats everyone in England saying about Robinho?

Are they all shocked like we are?

What do you think of Man Cs new owner?

Should Arsenal sell out too? :D

Hey PK whats everyone in England saying about Robinho?

Are they all shocked like we are?

What do you think of Man Cs new owner?

Should Arsenal sell out too? :D

The shock is mostly about Abramovich being financially out-muscled for the first time since he took over at Chelsea. Everyone expected Robinho to go to London, only to pitch up at Eastlands instead. Apparently, every time the Real Madrid manager would talk to Robinho, Robinho would be in tears. There are rumours that he's got some significant emotional/mental problems.

Abramovich isn't used to having financial competition like this - it'll be interesting to see how he copes with it.

Arsenal have already sold out! :badgrin: :razz: :tongue:

Liverpool are going to be in quite some trouble now. :(

I understand there is some rich dude from Dubai waiting to buy us out, but the current yankee owners don't wanna sell.

Man City owner wants to buy all the top Euorepean players. I think they will become a powerhouse in the EPL.

Look at Chelsea pre-Abromavich, then look at Man City pre-Arabs

Now look at what's happened to Chelsea since Abromavich took over. They've won the Premier League/1st Div (first time in 50 odd years), FA Cup, 2nd in the Champions League etc.

The Arabs will have the same effect. I think that Liverpool will be out of the "big 4" by the end of next season.

Back