English Premier League thread

pommieknight

I am Danny Weidler!!
I've started this thread to keep it separate from the A-League stuff. Feel free to use this for news, sco............aah, you know what to do! :D

Newcaslte United UNDEFEATED, lol, another big game this week V Arsenal (Away). They won this morning in the carling cup or whatever it is, 3-2 against coventry City in extra time, Michael owen with the winner.

Yeh, Mrs PK is pretty stoked to be unbeaten so far. They struggled to beat Coventry though, tut tut. Coventry are 8th in the Championship. The Carling Cup is the Football League Cup. In order of domestic importance in England, it's the Premiership, FA Cup, Football League Cup (Carling Cup - Carling's a beer in case you don't have it in Aus/NZ)

Quick potted history of English football and how the two governing bodies interact.

The Football League was formed in 1888 and oversaw the running of professional football in England (much like the NRL) but the Football Association (formed 1863) oversees the running of football e.g. laws, England's internationals, etc. (much like the ARL). The Football League was split into 4 Divisions, with Division 1 being the premier tier, until 1992 when 22 clubs broke away to form the Premiership which is overseen by the Football Association. This leaves the Football League to oversee the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2. Still with me? Good!

The Football League's Division 1 Championship became the Premiership/Premier League and is the pinnacle of English domestic football.

The Football League Cup (Carling Cup) is a knockout cup competition involving all of the 92 professional clubs once overseen by the Football League (which now includes the FA Premier League).

The Football Association Challenge Cup (FA Cup) is a knockout cup open to all levels of football club both professional and amateur. The first preliminary qualifying rounds will begin fairly with the League and Premiership clubs entering the competition later in the Autumn/Winter.

im pretty sure u can the a league one thread is for aussie news and this one will be poms baby as its gonna have all pommie news!! so yeah i would say all forms of english soccer sorry pk football can be posted here

Look I know it's only very very early days but I would pretty much write off Arsenal right now. They are my team but theres no way I can see them taking the title out.

As much as I HATE to say it, chelsea will win.

Chelsea are doing OK now - let's see how they go around Christmas. Arsenal don't have what it takes this season - they're pretty much based around Fabregas (who might leave at the end of this season - no rumours, just a gut feeling).

im pretty sure u can the a league one thread is for aussie news and this one will be poms baby as its gonna have all pommie news!! so yeah i would say all forms of english soccer sorry pk football can be posted here

:surprised: My own baby! I'm so proud. ha ha :lol: :lol:

Can we talk about English teams in the Champions League in here?

Champions League, FA Cup, FA Trophy, Johnstone Paints Trophy, The Unibond League - it's all here!

i do hope that arsenal win but i think either chelsea or man u r gonna win.

did c.ronaldo make his decision about moving 2 real madrid or not? id be happy if he did. im a madrid supporter. :)

Liverpool have been sooo lucky lately im pretty worried. Aston Villa away this week is going to be tough. Liverpool won 1.0 this morning in the champions league and they needed extra time to do it. Poor performance should have won easy

Liverpool have been sooo lucky lately im pretty worried. Aston Villa away this week is going to be tough. Liverpool won 1.0 this morning in the champions league and they needed extra time to do it. Poor performance should have won easy

against who?

Liverpool beat Standard Liege (last season's Belgian champions) and Steven Gerrard's gone in for groin surgery so won't be available for England duty.

Ronaldo's not going to Madrid now. Probably next summer.

Does anyone know when Fabregas is back ?
hopefully soon my fantasy team needs him more so then Arsenal I think

Back