Your grandfinal team.

Yeah I'm hoping Crossland gets to play but didn't catch if there was anyone else who came off with bumps and bruises, assuming everyone's good to go.
 
I've just spent some time re-watching that 'hip-drop' tackle.

I'm definitely no expert but it wasn't a hip-drop as much as it was a regular tackle where the ball carrier beats first contact. Crossland looks to lose his footing, Cleary runs past the point of initial contact and Crossland manages to hold on, just, landing, just, on Clearys foot/ankle.

I'm sure there will be unlimited technical analysis of this tackle over the next 48 hours but i gotta say we see this type of thing dozens of times a game. The only reason we're talking about it is because of the injury and the apparent resemblance to a hip drop
 
I've just spent some time re-watching that 'hip-drop' tackle.

I'm definitely no expert but it wasn't a hip-drop as much as it was a regular tackle where the ball carrier beats first contact. Crossland looks to lose his footing, Cleary runs past the point of initial contact and Crossland manages to hold on, just, landing, just, on Clearys foot/ankle.

I'm sure there will be unlimited technical analysis of this tackle over the next 48 hours but i gotta say we see this type of thing dozens of times a game. The only reason we're talking about it is because of the injury and the apparent resemblance to a hip drop
Yea,
It just very unfortunate that the injury was so bad.
 
Hopefully Tommy Cant is practicing his passing this week. Do we think we may start him at hooker, get the first 20 out, then bring Graham on?
Although he’s been impressive not sure Graham has the full 80 in him. He’s also been very affective coming on against tiring forwards. Cant a pretty decent defender as well for the start of the match.
Be interesting to see what they do, in Holbrook we trust!
 
You know what. I'd rather play an actual hooker rather then a plugged in guy. I know the whole ball distributor thing in our team but you need to have vision still. I know it's a grand final but gee would we rather Hagan, cant or hunt?
 
Forgot about Arthur, is he fit and injury free, could have him on extended bench but might use up a position not really required, might be better option than Hagan but likely bench 20-22.
Still think using Cant to give Graham a break is best option and gives us more flexibility in our starting 17.
 
Hunt said in an interview last week that hooker was one of his junior positions.
Never seen him do it, other than a few runs from dummy half during games, and the odd pass out of dummy half too.
 
Back
Top