Why not Dane Gagai at fullback or 6?

Left Foot

Banned
He is by far the most dangerous player in the team. He along with Leilua needs to get their hands on the ball as much possible. So maybe shift Mullen to 7 and Gagai to 6 and bring Sione into right centre. Or Gagai to fullback and Gidley to 7 and Sione to centre.
 
At this point Stone needs to try something. He needs to have the courage to drop a few players. Otherwise it's going to be another long season watching a potential top 8 team miss out on finals footy.
 
Dane into fullback is something I think needs to happen, Dane at 5/8 would be a huge mistake as his ball play skills are very non existent If they exist at all. He struggles to execute a 2 on 1 overlap I think the added pressure of being a play maker would totally take away from his running game which is his most dangerous weapon
 
Why can't gidley take houstons spot in the forwards? He'd defend and would be ten times more dangerous with the ball in hand with his pace
Too small for the forwards in a pack that already struggles to dominate with it's lack of size.
 
We need a dummy half that puts some doubt in the mind of opposition defensive lines. I don't doubt Clydesdale's heart but he's very predictable. I watched Cronk and Smith on the weekend then I watched Clydesdale and Roberts. Talk about going from the penthouse to the sh*thouse.
 
Why can't gidley take houstons spot in the forwards? He'd defend and would be ten times more dangerous with the ball in hand with his pace

It's not so much Gidley at fullback I have an issue with but more Gidley being in the side in general. I hate saying it because he's a club legend but the team seems to play better when he's not there. He's too erratic and makes the same mistakes over and over again and for that reason it's hard watching him as the captain.

Gidley's issues (overplaying his hand and hurting the side) would still be there regardless of what postion he plays.

FTR I don't think Houston should be in the side either but Gidley shouldn't be the one to replace him. The last thing we need is another small forward.
 
He is by far the most dangerous player in the team. He along with Leilua needs to get their hands on the ball as much possible. So maybe shift Mullen to 7 and Gagai to 6 and bring Sione into right centre. Or Gagai to fullback and Gidley to 7 and Sione to centre.

Throwing someone into a position they have not trained for when the team is way off the pace is an excellent way to stuff their confidence and put them off that position, let Gids finish the year there and then put Gagai there in the preseason with Sione to centre should be the plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't gidley take houstons spot in the forwards? He'd defend and would be ten times more dangerous with the ball in hand with his pace

He'd be busted and injured within a month so no......... I mean wait............!!!! Yes Gids to prop for 80 mins lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not so much Gidley at fullback I have an issue with but more Gidley being in the side in general. I hate saying it because he's a club legend but the team seems to play better when he's not there. He's too erratic and makes the same mistakes over and over again and for that reason it's hard watching him as the captain.

Gidley's issues (overplaying his hand and hurting the side) would still be there regardless of what postion he plays.

FTR I don't think Houston should be in the side either but Gidley shouldn't be the one to replace him. The last thing we need is another small forward.

His crap and has been since Bennett pulled him from fullback.
 
Back
Top