We desperately need a genuine number 9

I reckon Gidley should retire and become an ambassador to rugby league and be given a non playing role at the Knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Gidley should've retired in 2012 when he injured his shoulder.

I'm with Packo on this one. I'd like to see him back on the bench... Mullo to have the 'c' next to his name :)

Alicia watching the kick again and again, Boyd was not even alerted to the fact Brooks kicked it from just inside the forty. Who knows if he could have got to it but he sure would have tried!

40 20 kicked so what it didnt automatically give them points it is these useless hack that couldnt defend it wasc the problem

Typical really. Boyd's quick hands that led to a try was sensational, he dived at the feet of the Tigers to get a ball into the field of play where the commentators said he wasn't entitled to do so, his kick return to give field position that again led to a try could all be mentioned but instead the focus is on the 40/20. Anyone who thinks Boyd on purposely made no attempt knowing it was a 40/20 should be banned from commenting on anything Boyd related because it's obvious you hate the bloke . What Boyd showed yesterday was touches of class something we don't have a lot of throughout our squad.

Typical really. Boyd's quick hands that led to a try was sensational, he dived at the feet of the Tigers to get a ball into the field of play where the commentators said he wasn't entitled to do so, his kick return to give field position that again led to a try could all be mentioned but instead the focus is on the 40/20. Anyone who thinks Boyd on purposely made no attempt knowing it was a 40/20 should be banned from commenting on anything Boyd related because it's obvious you hate the bloke . What Boyd showed yesterday was touches of class something we don't have a lot of throughout our squad.

Agree mate we were sitting right where all boyd's action was on the 20 western stand and boyd was outstanding live easily our best player IMO, everytime he touched the ball it was 100% effort, Obviously the effort isn't their every week but credit where it's due he is an outstanding players when he decides to turn up

Boyd's last month of footy has been solid. People wanted him to put more effort in and he has.

thats going a bit far. he stunk against the panthers and warriors.

but it was an audition for the QLD fullback spot, so no one should be surprised

I can not stand Boyd, but I have to swallow my pride and say he played pretty well. But still not well enough for me to like him, I can't comment on the 40/20 as I was on the phone but what ****ed me off about Boyd is his slow play the balls when he gets tackled which I saw a few against the Tigers.

He'll gain my respect when he pulls his finger out and strings some more games like that together and gets rid of his slow play the balls.

What worries me is that there was a lot of reasons why he played like he did...

It was his best game of the year, I give him credit for that, but in the end, he still got outplayed by his opposite number. He should be putting in performances like that 80% of the time.

What did tedesco do that outplayed Boyd? Scored a fluke try from 5 out? Please!!!

There is a heap of duds on here that have no clue and just want any opportunity to bag out Boyd.

I tell you what if the whole team out in half as much effort that Boyd did yesterday we would have pumped the tigers.

Clydsdale has a hell of a lot more game than we have seen in firstgrade.
He played 80 minutes every week in NYC and topped the tackle count 9 games out of 10, and there were times when we had no real playmakers and he basically became the main kicker as well as a hardworking dummy half and 30+ tackle a game defender.
Bennett is doing the right thing in bringing him on slowly, but there is no doubt that in the future we will see long minutes, a high workrate and some useful playmaking skills from Clydsdale.
It would be crazy to judge him on the 20 or 30 minutes he is being given now because he isn't being given a chance to show all his talents.
I have been a longer time supporter and I agree that Clydsdale needs more time on the field.I would like to see Redman come on as replacement hooker as he had a great trial in Tamworth and he has been waiting for his chance and he wont let us down.Gidley needs to let go.

Clydsdale just needs to be given the no9 position watched him play last yr and he looks great ,, he gets the forwards going forward his defence his excellent he needs more time on the paddock ,,, gidley is a great player but hooker is not his position Clydsdale has lived and breathed the hooking role ,,, great times a head for clydsdale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back