Under 19s origin game - 7.45 tonight - channel 9 broadcast

NSW way to classy lead by Pezet. Out of all the players in the spine positions in this game he looks the only classy one that has a future in FG.

Probably no hope of getting him back out of the Melbourne system but Pezet is a talent.
He gets away with playing in a dinner suit in the juniors because he is so smart they hardly lay a hand on him. It will be interesting to see if he is tough enough to handle the attention he'll get in seniors.

I thought Bryan played well and was one of Queensland's better players. Obviously disappointing that Pezet is no longer at the Knights but also thought Keeley was decent. Didn't get to see the full game only the second half so will watch the first half tomorrow.

Keely was our best, followed by Bryan and Bradbury. Hampson didn't get many chances to stand out in a beaten side.

Pezet is a guy I'd like to forget ever played for the Knights.

Keely was our best, followed by Bryan and Bradbury. Hampson didn't get many chances to stand out in a beaten side.

Pezet is a guy I'd like to forget ever played for the Knights.
Well if it makes it any better. His dad is a top class flog?

Bradbury: apparently made a few runs if spud Carroll was correct with his stats midway through the second half but there was no impact and never won the first up contact with his hit ups. Defence was solid. Didn’t standout with several better performances in the forward pack for NSW. Just don’t see it with him.

Keely: started the game slowly standing out wide while QLD had the early running. Grew into the game as NSW did and got better the longer it went. First up contact in defence was good all night, communication was great and had some solid runs with late footwork at times. Can see him being a solid first grader in future.

Bryan: started the game off great. Him and Va’a made metres at will through the middle. Defence looked good with his first up contact. Looked quite mobile for a big front rower. Second stint was quite and didn’t provide much impact. Fill out on his big frame and he could be a solid first grader as well.

Hampson: bit anonymous throughout the game. Rarely got his hands on the ball and his defence was ok. Not much to say as he was rarely involved.

Both Bryan and Bradbury were used the same way, and it didn't suit either of them.
Bryan has a big motor and likes to start and grind out big minutes, but they took him off early, so he didn't get to use his fitness to advantage.
Bradbury needs to work on his motor and the Knights rarely use him to start and don't give him big minutes. He is best used for impact off the bench. In this game he used up all his energy doing that early defence and we didn't get to see his impact later on.

Club sacked his dad.
I assume that's about Jonah Pezet.
I don't think the decision for Jonah to go to Melbourne was about anything other than what was best for Jonah. His Dad probably made the decision, but it looks like it was a good one for the kid.
We knew he was the real deal and the Knights bent over backwards to keep him.
I don't know every player to ever make the emerging Blues camp, but I suspect Jonah was the youngest ever. The Emerging Blues often have guys who are already regular firstgraders, and Jonah was there when he was playing SG Ball a year young. After his great year in Mathews he was too young to play Flegg, but he became Scott Dureau's shadow and was training with our Flegg side. In fact, when our Flegg side was warming up for a game, Dureau and Jonah Pezet were running the drills.
Melbourne gave Pezet a development deal and put him into Flegg as soon as he was old enough. This year his peers at the Knights were playing SG Ball and Pezet was in his second year of Flegg and Captain of the Melbourne side and has a top 30 contract, even though he's clearly too young to play firstgrade. He has got to do 2 preseasons with Melbourne's top squad as a teenager. I don't know if they let him do everything, or just the non contact stuff, but he gets to train with the best players in the game.
In short, Melbourne wanted him so much they gave up a top 30 spot for him to play juniors, and we couldn't match that.

Last edited:
I assume that's about Jonah Pezet.
I don't think the decision for Jonah to go to Melbourne was about anything other than what was best for Jonah. His Dad probably made the decision, but it looks like it was a good one for the kid.
We knew he was the real deal and the Knights bent over backwards to keep him.
I don't know every player to ever make the emerging Blues camp, but I suspect Jonah was the youngest ever. The Emerging Blues often have guys who are already regular firstgraders, and Jonah was there when he was playing SG Ball a year young. After his great year in Mathews he was too young to play Flegg, but he became Scott Dureau's shadow and was training with our Flegg side. In fact, when our Flegg side was warming up for a game, Dureau and Jonah Pezet were running the drills.
Melbourne gave Pezet a development deal and put him into Flegg as soon as he was old enough. This year his peers at the Knights were playing SG Ball and Pezet was in his second year of Flegg and Captain of the Melbourne side and has a top 30 contract, even though he's clearly too young to play firstgrade. He has got to do 2 preseasons with Melbourne's top squad as a teenager. I don't know if they let him do everything, or just the non contact stuff, but he gets to train with the best players in the game.
In short, Melbourne wanted him so much they gave up a top 30 spot for him to play juniors, and we couldn't match that.

Kind of frustrating to hear considering we gave a top 30 contract to an English fullback who’s about the same age in order to get him to come out here. It’s not like we don’t have precedent of bending over backwards to get young talent in, and whether we knew Pearce was leaving or not, he was clearly pretty close to retirement. Whereas fullback is probably our position of least need unless KP wants to switch to the halves, which they’ve suggested he does not.

Meanwhile Melbourne got themselves the perfect insurance policy for Munster leaving, it’s clear now why they won’t budge from their valuation. They don’t actually need a half given they have the best spine in the comp but they have one ready anyway.

Well what was the drama with his old man Troy again? I can't remember exactly but I imagine it would've been tough to keep him anyway if the club and his dad had a blow up.

Back