Trial vs Canberra Raiders @ Seiffert Oval

The Telegraph, again, wrote today that the Knights played a 'very week' Raiders side. They were missing three backs and a bench forward. The Knights had; Kosjasyn, Pauli, Tupou, Mataora, Wardle all out, no mention of that.

Probably works in our favor I guess that they and the rest of the Rugby League have written the Knights off before a tackle is made. We're really going to surprise and upset some teams this year, if we can put in performances like last weekend every week.

The Telegraph, again, wrote today that the Knights played a 'very week' Raiders side. They were missing three backs and a bench forward. The Knights had; Kosjasyn, Pauli, Tupou, Mataora, Wardle all out, no mention of that.

Probably works in our favor I guess that they and the rest of the Rugby League have written the Knights off before a tackle is made. We're really going to surprise and upset some teams this year, if we can put in performances like last weekend every week.
Honestly, trial form is very deceptive.
Our young guys really wanted that win and went out to play their guts out.
Canberra were out for a fitness run and after we held them out for the first 15, their seniors guys weren't trying too hard.
In the second half their fringe guys were trying harder because they had something to play for.
In short, we really wanted that win, and they weren't that fussed.

They actually had 8 of there top 17 expected players missing mate.

The whole back 5 was mounties players.

Canberra were out for a fitness run and after we held them out for the first 15, their seniors guys weren't trying too hard.
In the second half their fringe guys were trying harder because they had something to play for.

True, it was a trial, and it's hard to gauge too much out of them, but, hopefully we want it that much every week. There were a lot of positives to take out of that game. Could see massive improvements in our defense (especially out wide). It looked a lot more composed and in control.

What ever the Raiders did, they got outplayed :dancing:

True, it was a trial, and it's hard to gauge too much out of them, but, hopefully we want it that much every week. There were a lot of positives to take out of that game. Could see massive improvements in our defense (especially out wide). It looked a lot more composed and in control.

What ever the Raiders did, they got outplayed :dancing:
As all the players are saying, winning a trial 44-0 is a lot better than losing one 44-0.

There will be at least two of their outside backs starting for them come round 1. Whighton, Leilua and Rapana were missing. Croker and Lee probably won't be there Rd 1 anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting carried away by one half of football. Just pointing out, we need to give our boys credit for their effort. I know they had three very good players out, but, that's no excuse for their defensive effort in that first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I add, Leilua had a very good year last year too. Now he's due for two very average, lazy, years!

That pommy centre Canberra used might as well pack his bags and go home. Gagai ruined his reputation, and later in the game Ross was trying to run at him to get in on the fun as well.

And most went off after 20 minutes and not return. Trial form means nothing for the top sides that have a settled 17 except for getting through them without injuries.

Bottom sides with plenty of spots up for grabs in their top 17 have a lot more to play for.

Your one big mistake is reading that arse wipe to begin with. Rugby League knowledge at the Telecrap is about as hard to find as a pregnant asian.

I watched the game the raiders took it seriously we just shut it down in the first half didn't let Hodgson run the show

How many pregnant asian women do you see though? None is the answer.

Ohh mate u must live in the sticks... i seen em all the time, usually in the chitest house on there street but the most expensive car... wtf is with that... blows my mind

Ohh mate u must live in the sticks... i seen em all the time, usually in the chitest house on there street but the most expensive car... wtf is with that... blows my mind

Ah this made me laugh. I live in Asia and yes that's exactly right. They live in a tin shack ( literally ) with a latest model car parked out the front . It's a status symbol. To them you are what you appear to be. Their cars will be worth 3 or 4 times more than the house they live in.

Nine of their best 17 by my count, but I like Ottio over Lee.

Wighton
Rapana
Croker
Leilua
Ottio
Austin
Sezer
Boyd
Hodgson
Paulo
Papalli
Whitehead
Soliola

Baptiste
Tapine
Priest
Bateman

Still, as everyone says, the starting pack and halves were all first graders, and our starting pack gave nothing away to them.

Nine of their best 17 by my count, but I like Ottio over Lee.

Wighton
Rapana
Croker
Leilua
Ottio
Austin
Sezer
Boyd
Hodgson
Paulo
Papalli
Whitehead
Soliola

Baptiste
Tapine
Priest
Bateman

Still, as everyone says, the starting pack and halves were all first graders, and our starting pack gave nothing away to them.

Lmao if wighten plays we win 70-nil I don't rate him at all

Back