Tim Glasby announces his retirement

R_A

Ben Kennedy
So is Granville capable of replicating his 2015 form under a new coach/offensive mind or is he a lost cause.

Sad to hear that Glasby has been forced to retire, all the best to him. Definately felt his senior head/leadership was felt amongst the younger players and forwards

Billy

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Glasby was a decent player who did a good job, but at this point we are getting the same value out of Josh King for a third of the money.
Glasby was past his use by date and only getting worse, so him getting his contract paid out and us getting his salary cap space to use is a win/win.

krustykraz

Darren Albert
Klem, saf, saf, Barnett, King, Saulo.

Sione, Watson, Mann, momoisea, Croker?
Simi??

May all be middle forwards next year.
If a couple of young blokes step up as back ups we should be fine.
We should re-sign King he is coming good. If he is kept out of the team then the others are doing well.

Last edited:

Defender1

Ben Kennedy
Klem, saf, saf, Barnett, King, Saulo.

Sione, Watson, Mann, momoisea, Croker?
Simi??

May all be middle forwards next year.
If a couple of young blokes step up as back ups we should be fine.
We should re-sign King he is coming good. If he is kept out of the team then the others are doing well.
We're not competing with the top couple of slides now with that line-up... How does loosing Guerra, Ese and Glasby make us stronger?

* Frizell by himseld doesn't fill that gap.

krustykraz

Darren Albert
We're not competing with the top couple of slides now with that line-up... How does loosing Guerra, Ese and Glasby make us stronger?

* Frizell by himseld doesn't fill that gap.
I don't think the middles are the issue.
Imo it's the 6,7&9

Brailey will help a lot.

Hopefully King and Saulo develop enough to replace Glasby and Ese. And some younger blokes step up and replace King and Saulo.

Last edited:

Owey

Darren Treacy
The Safs are developing, they are no where near their peak. The will be better next year, but not as good as they will be the year after. Saulo will be much better also.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Defender1

Ben Kennedy
There is no way our pack gets it over teams like the Roosters and Storm now. Loosing Guerra, Glasby and Ese weakens us even further. So, how do we beat those teams next year?

Don't get me wrong, I rate our pack against most others, but we need to take that next step. Otherwise we get the same results next year against the top 4 teams (who we haven't beaten any of this year).