The NBA Thread

Dylan Harper & Carter Bryant were the EXACT two players I wanted. Bryant sliding that far was my dream outcome. I'm so happy.

Unfortunately the nightmare outcome was Sorber to the Thunder. Basically getting their Hartenstein replacement but on a rookie deal. They're gonna be contenders for the next seven years now. I guarantee it.
 
A CHINESE CENTURY IN PORTLAND!

I actually kind of love this pick. It's a big swing but so was Giannis to Milwaukee. And they get another first rounder for doing it.

He's huge, he can move and I actually liked his highlights there, it looks like he can actually do stuff with the ball. I suspect if he went to college in America he gets mocked higher.
 
Liked what I saw of Walter Clayton Jr and, again, classic Danny Ainge move trading up for him. Athletic wings and guards with a lot of dawg/confidence. Last player he picked for Boston was Payton Pritchard and this feels a lot like that. Even if he's not starter quality, there's a lot of value in a guy who can just come in off the bench and make shots, especially in high pressure situations.
 
The Heat refuse to ever tank, so getting Jakucionis and looking for great athletes for him to tee up is the best option available for them. They always figure out a way to get the best out of guys like these & if they add Kuminga in free agency that's a good guy to partner him with.
 
Bam and Herro are still pretty young and have shown they can perform, justifying of their contracts. Just need to keep surrounding them with the right guys. Trading Butler gives them that flexibility. See how things go with Wiggins as well, otherwise trad him too to give minutes to the younger guys. I can see him opting out of his player option if he has a good year but I'm not re-signing him to a whole lot more either if they do intend to keep him.

And if all else, finding the right big name free agents or big names to swing a trade for is something they're not afraid of either.
 
Interesting the teams that don't have a first-round pick.

Lakers are understandable as they always manage to trade their way into contention, and arguably the value of most picks is in trading them, but my daughter's team, the Kings, don't have a first-rounder, and they have an awful list...I know because she keeps asking me, "Dad, why do I support such an awful team?"
 
Doesn't look like either of the two Aussie boys who were projected as possible late first-rounders are getting taken. Disappointing.
 
the Kings
They will be pretty good going forward in that regard. They own their own going forward plus a couple of 2nd rounders from the Bulls and a first from the Spurs.

Not much room to do much this off-season, maybe trade for someone like Cam Johnson who the Nets might part ways with to see what they have the these upcoming picks.
Sabonis/DeRozan under contract for a few years as well. Wont be terrible. If they can make 3rd seed or even top 4 like they did a few years ago that will be considered very good.

Am curious to see who the Celtics target for that Center spot. Either through the rest of the draft or FA.
 
Atlanta getting a completely unprotected 2026 first from New Orleans (which is also the worst out of theirs or the Bucks pick) in trading down from 13th to 23rd is one of the big wins of the draft. That pick can be anything.
Risky from New Orleans considering they're not really close to being a playoff team.
 
Man I'm so happy. Can't believe Bryant slid to 14. The timer didn't even get to the four minute mark before the Spurs put the pick in lol.

He was by far the most boring guy to scout but in this case boring is good lol. There's a desperate need for someone in that role in the roster right now and the dude looks like he was made in a lab to play it.
 
Okay so I just realised New Orleans gave Atlanta an unprotected first next year in exchange for Queen...

... and they're a Western conference team...

... and next year's draft has three prospects getting Flagg/Harper level hype...

Jesus. I like Queen. I don't like him that much!

Atlanta sitting on anywhere between the 1st and 8th best odds of the #1 pick is the most likely result of that.

They get a top three pick and they're adding a scary prospect to Trae, Dyson, Jalen Johnson and Risacher. Geez.
 
Yeah the conspiracies are getting pretty bad to the point where they’re asking if the ownership are deliberately making them bad so they can sell the team that gets disconnected from its fanbase. Then there was hiring of those front office guys without much competition or casting of a net.

Beat writers would probably know more or connect the dots more.

This team came second last in the west and arguably the only team who got significantly worse were obviously the Suns. So even if they’re banking on themselves or hoping Giannis gets traded (unlikely)…

Make it make sense lol.

Oh and then there’s that trade with the Pacers beforehand which could have waited. Just a huge own goal from the front office
 
Simplest explanation is usually the best. Joe Dumars is the Pels GM and he was famously horrible in that role for his beloved Pistons. But he’s a guy people like, real charismatic, time passes, and then he schmoozes his way into a new GM job.

And then he very possibly hands a fringe playoff team a #1 pick next year in order to take the two biggest boom/bust swings in the 2025 draft. Just a maverick who trusts his gut way too much.
 
Back
Top