Tevita Pangai Jnr

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Mar 20, 2018.

1. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

If tpj could get James grahams work rate he would become the best forward in the game. Would love to see him achieve that and if he did it here it would be a bonus.

2. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

I can't agree Brisbane are in decline, if anything I think TPJ will be thinking if he stays at Brisbane he could win a comp in the next year or so, whilst at knights we're still no sure thing to make the 8

Joshhh likes this.
  3. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

Give him the No.13 jersey and let him roam where ever he likes, let Glasby, the twins, Herm and hopefully another big boppa rotate shifts in the engine room.

Joey1245 likes this.
  4. Ethan

Ethan Steve Simpson

I liked Herman at lock I thought he played well there .

5. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

If we can’t get a quality front rower for next year I think either Dan Saifiti or Ese will have to start on the bench. We can’t afford to not have at least one of them on the field at any time.

6. krustykraz

krustykraz Trent Estatheo

7. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Nathan Ross

I think his coaching days are over. The way he was/is carrying on towards to the Broncos, it would take a pretty brave club to take his **** on.

8. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

The reports say Bennett will be at the Donkeys next year. Unless the Tigers and Panthers agree to bring the Cleary deal forward to 2019 and Bennett agrees to an early release the odds would suggest TPJ would look for a 1 year extension. That would keep his options open to follow Bennett in 2020.

Maybe TPJ and Darius are half brothers with a daddy complex :confused:

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If I were giving TPJ life advise I'd tell him to stick with Bennett.
    He was on the scrapheap before he linked with Bennett and no other coach seemed to be able to get the best out of him.
    He's on track to be a multi millionaire by his mid 20s - I'd stick with what has worked if I were him.

10. R_A

R_A Sean Rudder

Hate to play a little devils advocate but if they are adamant that Clearly will follow his son to the Panthers then Bennett isn't the worst idea in the world for a few years even without the pressure of a premiereship. I think the Sydney media has been a bit better to Bennett in comparison with Brisbane and from his time at Newcastle I don't ever recall it being frosty.
    The Broncos expectations of themselves have been so ridiculously high and they're not delivering that even Bennett is not good enough now. Maybe only Bellamy after all the Storm seem to be the new Broncos.

Also he has done a lot for the Broncos in the past and present. Let him coach the team, let the office manage the staff, let the scouts bring in players. Simple.

11. ImissVuna

ImissVuna George Mann

With the Tigers supposedly looking to bring Bennett in earlier. I wonder if TPJ may be more likely to come to Newcastle unless Tigers have the money

12. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

13. Joey1245

Joey1245 Dave Woods

Reportedly done deal

14. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Brad Godden

Knights signings, RUMOURS and Player Movement is the name of the page Frank!
    Not sure why you even come on here sometimes?

15. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Not trying to get technical, but that’s not the name of the page. Haha

16. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I wonder if Bennett will take a paycut?
    He is getting paid way more than any other coach at present - I suspect double or triple what the current Wests coach is getting.
    Maybe Brisbane will have to top up his payments at Wests to get rid of him?
    Not to mention that Bennett gets Hickmans to do half his job, and Hickmans gets a big paypacket as well.

It's hard to see how this can happen without either Bennett taking a massive paycut, or Brisbane chipping in half his pay.

17. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    If he really wanted to show he can coach then he will take the job no matter what you would think.

It’s not like he would need money considering how long he’s worked for and the fat salaries along the way

Lefty likes this.
  18. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I think Clearly would be on a very good pay tbh, he was/is highly regarded as a coach and the tigers needed to pick someone that the public and media would approve of.

Though the major costs with Bennett is the bus load of staff behind him.

Thats where I'd see the tigers being unable to afford Bennett.

19. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Was thinking the same. Hopefully he gets the sh!!!ts and signs somewhere else, hopefully with us, out of spite.

Think the main hold up though isn't necessarily that he isn't signing with them, BUT that his punting his manager and waiting for the deal to expire.

20. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

Reports say that the Panthers are willing to contribute to the salary of the Tigers new coach as they're "a rich club".
    The Tigers have stated they want compensation if Cleary leaves early, looks like Gus wants Cleary badly enough for next season he'll come to the table.

Once again, the ball is in Bennett's court. Once he decides what he wants there'll be a lot of player movement. I expect the Tigers don't have enough space in their cap to afford TPJ if he wanted to follow Bennett.