Tevita Pangai Jnr

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Jaybro

Jaybro Lenny Beckett

He was clearly under done and nobody except maybe yourself is taking any notice of his performance yesterday.

TPJ is a gun and every side in the comp would want him, that’s just a fact you’ll have to live with.

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Ben Kennedy

Hospitality
    Couldn’t care less what other people think. I’d be upset if my club outlayed 800k a year for a forward that doesn’t stand up and lead from the front.

A lot of big athletic forwards can look damaging with space in front of them and running at smaller players.

Simon Templar and ASJ82 like this.
  3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Anyone that wouldn't take Klemmer all day over TPJ is laughable.

4. Lord of the Skraelings

He has all the makings of a Lolo or a Taylor, be interesting to see how he goes, as Billy stated his been a bludger except for the last 6 months or so.

5. krustykraz

krustykraz Trent Estatheo

Lets just have both.

6. listo

listo Aaron Grainger

He won’t be interested in that because Billy has said it

7. luke46

luke46 Tony Kemp

it was interesting Mcgregor made comment in the post match press conference around there being all this 'hype' around some of the broncos young forwards TPJ, Fafita, Haas, etc but saying he wouldn't trade JDB, Frizell and Sims for anyone.

8. Lord of the Skraelings

I'd drop dead from a heart attack for popping that bad if we did.

9. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Its a very strong backrow with them 3 on fire, when Vaughan is in the side that pack is up there as the best in the nrl imo.

Lefty and danknights like this.
  10. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

To be fair, that Dragons pack are in their primes. Those Broncos forwards are just pups and scratching the surface of their potential. 26, 27, 28 year olds versus 18, 18, 22 year olds. Big difference.

Frizell has been good for a while now, so credit where credit is due. Sims career has been very up and down. A lot of that has to do with injury, but he’s had his best season at age 28. De Belin has only really had a couple of good NRL seasons, being this year and last. Point being, these young “overhyped” Broncos have up to 8+ years to get to their level.

Lockwire211 likes this.
  11. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Jason Hoogerworf

Project Manager
    BargeArse, I don't want to buy into whose better than who Hypertheticals , but one thing for sure is that there is a big difference between "potential " and track records proven over time.

What my biggest concern with these young, Big bodied Athletes is the ability of their bones and muscles to withstand the rigours of NRL over a sustained period it is hard enough for seasoned Pros whose bodies have hardened over the seasons, but these big young athletes seem to wane in and out of "soft tissue injuries" as the season progresses and their bodies need time to heal and harden up.

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Vincent

Too true, historically the big guys come into their prime in their late 20's. Pushing them too hard too early can cause injuries that affect their later careers.
    In an ideal scenario these younger guys should be used in shorter spells, but less interchanges can force players to push to breaking point.

13. krustykraz

krustykraz Trent Estatheo

BRISBANE BRONCOS NEWS AND RUMOURS: BRONCOS IN DANGER OF LOSING PANGAI JNR TO NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

"This news concerns Tevita Panga Jnr, their star forward," Badel told Sporting News .

"I spoke to Newcastle coach Nathan Brown yesterday, and he confirmed that he has begun a poaching raid to bring Tevita Pangai Jnr to Newcastle, this is big news.

"Nathan said, 'we haven't made an offer at this stage because Tevita is sorting out some management issues which can't be finalised until November.' Tevita has toured the Knights' facilities, he has spoken to Nathan Brown and Brown says, 'the ball is now in Tevita's court.' If he's keen to come with Newcastle, then in time they will talk turkey financially.

"This is a real battle now for the Broncos for a player I regard as the best young forward in the game. 22-years-old Tevita Pangai Jnr, he's had an outstanding season with the Broncos.

"I think the Broncos are still in the box seat to keep him, but they do have some salary cap issues having to retain Corey Oates, who's still off contract, and also Matt Lodge, the prop who's had a good year with Brisbane.

"They've got some money to play around with the Broncos, but, they're going to have to really manage their budget if they're going to retain Tevita Pangai. If Brisbane can't afford him, the Knights will pounce."

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/news/nrl-rumours-north-queensland-cowboys-salary-cap-lachlan/1e9m279rzj6ir1271gimep6joi

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2018
  14. Lord of the Skraelings

Another bs made up article.

88Knight4life likes this.
  15. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

isnt that just copy and paste from NRL. com? or was it telegraph? but yeah Sporting News is becoming worse then RLW Mole

16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Didn't TPJ say he was not going to have a manager as they take too big a slice of his income?

17. Lord of the Skraelings

Gee's for a bloke that's had half a dozen good and not great first grade first grade games people are sure popping their loads over him.

18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Sean Rudder

Same thing was being said about Ponga, he turned out ok.

member 2299 and Lefty like this.
  19. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Spot on Kurriboy.

Remember the 'untried 19 year old not worth the money' bs>?

20. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Would you prefer another dose of Lillyman and Heighington type signings?

Lefty likes this.