State of origin 1 crowd attendance

I reckon they should make it so that game 1 and 2 are at Sydney and Brisbane (switch it around every year), and game 3 goes to the crowd with the higher percentage of seats sold. If anyone understands what I mean.
This probably wouldn't work due to the fact that game 3 is organized way before game 1 and 2 are played.
Maybe game 3 could be played at the city which filled out their respective stadium better the previous year. This might attract more people to games as well.

Put it to the SFS. I went to the Manly/Cowboys semi last year and the place wasnt full but the atmosphere was so loud. ANZ is so widely open it is nothing compared to Suncorp and the SFS.

I reckon the crowd will be over 70k. What happened in the Aus/NZ Test two weeks ago? Someone tell me... big crowd wasnt expected.

Should happen again, we'l see.

Well this seems like a strange thing for Carr to say! ANZ Stadium with 70,000 people is still well more than a capacity Suncorp! Is he trying to rark Sydney people up to go to the game or something? It would be bizzare to take games from Sydney to put them somewhere else that won't draw as many fans.

Here's my solution:

Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne (or other city) - 1 game each, every year. No alternating home ground advantage.

The Queenslanders doesn't deserve any extra advantages.

Well, at the moment, where I am (in the Eastern Suburbs), the weather has turned pretty bad. Extremely cloudy and dark here now and the wind has picked up. I am going to the game tonight. I think, given these conditions, anything over 70,000 is very good.

Pointless comparing a crowd capacity of 52,000 to another one of 80,000.

Suncorp wouldn't sell out if it was 80,000 in size.

Well this seems like a strange thing for Carr to say! ANZ Stadium with 70,000 people is still well more than a capacity Suncorp! Is he trying to rark Sydney people up to go to the game or something? It would be bizzare to take games from Sydney to put them somewhere else that won't draw as many fans.

:applause: Who's to say that Suncorp would sell out if it was 70,000+ capacity? Is it just that he doesn't like seeing empty seats on TV? He'd be an idiot to take the game away from Sydney and the NRL's stronghold. But I'm with bigdan about having one game each in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Well it could be quite possible but once they build the rectangular stadium for the storm and A-league team.

Back