Sione Mata'utia re-signs with the Knights

Sione has already improved from round 1 to round 2. I believe he will continue to improve in the centres. Has he every had a full pre-season and a year of playing at centre?
Imo he will be a good centre come years end. I dont believe hes worth 600k though.

Just hope if Sione continues to be below average people will finally take off the blinkers after Bennetts speach about Sione when he left us in flames.
 
Below average? Wow. You really do hate sione

Yes below average, he was poor at centre and second row. Bad defensive reads with both, to the point his career was threatened.

Considering Kev would have never been on more than $200k and not lagging along 3 useless brothers, I know who would have been more beneficial to the club to keep. But WAYNE said his got potential lol.

Kev's still got pace to burn, has a passing game and a ripper of a step and is defensively sound, would make a lot of NRL's backline, can we say the same for Sione without the blinkers?

Like I said his looking good at the moment and hopefully continues to improve, but if he doesn't were lucky to be in a position where his replacement is signed for next year.

I hope I am wrong and he is NOT to small for a forward and to slow and unskilled to be a back, and heck his made a good start to showing I may be wrong lets hope it continues.

Regardless he'll be on half of what his on now for his next contract thank god.
 
Ha ha seriously watch the football closer KN always takes the easy line, SM always takes the hard line that is the difference between those two in attack and as for defence well KN is the weakest in tigers although their defence is great, SM has been in a team with generally bad defence all around having for most of his career had team mate either worse than him or inexperienced around him it's hard to get into good defensive habits, I reckon by end of year going on improvement from trials to round 2 can continue he will be much better in defence than KN ever has been
 
Who would you put in his place? There's noone at the club at the moment who could displace him.
 
Hey Rob I've said his looking ok at the moment but in your heart of hearts you know his not nor will be half the player Bennett talked him up to be right?
 
Yeah man. I know he's not great player but he gives his all. He's been pretty good in the first two games and I didn't mind him in the backrow considering the team we were trotting out each week.
 
No doubt he gives it is his all, and a champion fella. Just not sure if he has the tools to either be a successful backrower(too small gets monstered) or centre(to slow and no passing game) but last 2 weeks his ran decent lines, been a bit shakey in defence, but hopefully he keeps on improving and goes great for us.
 
Best way to judge a player is think of how many teams would want him in said position at there club.

Imo Sione could make around 10 teams at centre for the right money.

For 500k i wouldnt think 3 teams would want him.
 
Best way to judge a player is think of how many teams would want him in said position at there club.

Imo Sione could make around 10 teams at centre for the right money.

For 500k i wouldnt think 3 teams would want him.

Yeah mate biggest dictator of player contracts is market value, Ben Hunt literally got an extra $200-$300k than he was worth for said reasons.
 
Back
Top