Round 9: Newcastle Knights vs Parramatta Eels

What is your prediction for this game ??

  • Knights 13+

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eels 1-12

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Eels 13+

    Votes: 4 26.7%

  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
A game that could have went either way. We’ve been wanting this from our side for a long time, competitive team that’s having a go.

Don’t forget we had Moga lose it twice over the line, a couple of dodge forward pass calls and Fitz getting tackled round the boot laces.

We are starting to get a bit of a scrapper identity about us, which I like.

I think Watson will be a big plus next week. We’ve got alot of work to do.
I reckon we missed lee. Players out of position were a bit rusty.
 
Yuck. They need to go watch back the Raiders game and learn how to attack. I'm keen for someone else to play hooker. Slow as all hell. Heaps of opportunity but nobody backing themselves. Sick of watching Mann run the ball everytime he gets it. Play some footy FFS.
 
Moga wasn't better than Shibasaki, but it's a hard decision still. He would have been rusty and will be better for the run.
 
A game that could have went either way. We’ve been wanting this from our side for a long time, competitive team that’s having a go.

Don’t forget we had Moga lose it twice over the line, a couple of dodge forward pass calls and Fitz getting tackled round the boot laces.

We are starting to get a bit of a scrapper identity about us, which I like.

I think Watson will be a big plus next week. We’ve got alot of work to do.
Yep having Watson and hopeful Barnett will help, Parra have been topping alot of sides but couldn't really be effective against us.
But like like you said the attack needs working on..not panic mode yet but another lose/ hopless attacking options getting abit worried. The way Knights are playing i feel like 7th or 8th spot end of season maybe even just miss out.
 
Yep having Watson and hopeful Barnett will help, Parra have been topping alot of sides but couldn't really be effective against us.
But like like you said the attack needs working on..not panic mode yet but another lose/ hopless attacking options getting abit worried. The way Knights are playing i feel like 7th or 8th spot end of season maybe even just miss out.
I’ve always stated that I do not expect us to make the top eight until at least 2021. My statement still stands strongly.
 
Our attack is clunky as hell and has a lot of improvement in it, but we are also playing one of if not the best defensive side in the comp. McCullough, has been an OK replacement but I think Braily would just make the side so much better with that spark out of dummy half and bringing the forwards on to the ball a lot more and allow us to play a bit flatter.
 
I don't think that was the end of the world. Once again- I'm an optimistic fan, I don't have it in me to be too negative about the team- after the last 10+yrs - it's just too exhausting.
Theyve been average in attack but O'Brien just noted in his press conf that after losing 6 players they've focused on defence. He'll now switch guys focus to their disjointed attack.
Hoping next week against bunnies we gel a bit more.
Thought Moga was fantastic. Good on him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
They think it might be a PCL - I don't know what that means


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It means an injury to the ligament at the back of the knee, which is better than an injury to the ligament at the front of the knee, but not much.
 
Horrible to watch, boring actually if Moses played Eels win easily, knights had enough ball to score 30 points and didn't look like scoring at all.

Gould was right our attack is inept and we wont play finals footy if it keeps up we are too flat.

Crossland has to come in for Kurt Mann he hasnt been in form his whole career and isnt now, a few line breaks cause he throws 5 dummies in 5 seconds and gets around someone but hasnt created many tries.

Andrew is too slow but without him i think he dont have any points in us, watson should help.

Aiden doesnt have any impact and is tired after 10 mins barnett should fix that our attack right was slow because aiden just didnt have the energy to run a decoy line.

Fitz constantly breaking the line but no one off his hip

Ponga worth a sausage roll a week but he should have to pay for his own sauce, he looks sluggish

Pearce trying too hard

Forwards are amazing

Hoy isnt ready for grade he has too many errors

Out wide we need Starford on the wing with Best, Moga and Hunt together bigger bodies...

2020 is going to be another one of those almost made it years again... Hopefully 2021 is better but its hard to get excited to even watch them after the last 3 efforts
 
Really glad we're competitive through our D, makes a welcome change. Would be nice to see some expansive attacking (or any attacking) play. I feel like Ponga just doesn't offer enough, especially when I consider what Teddy brings to the Roosters, Ponga isn't even bringing 20% comparatively.
 
At what point do we start putting some of this on O'brien. It's been the same game since round 4, our def has improved from last year. Our attack continues to get worse, our errors continue to get worse, we gave away too many set restarts today. At what point are we going to actually address our issues. Every week we have the same comment "O'brien is going to give them a spray for this performance" and the next week comes for the exact same outcome.
 
At what point do we start putting some of this on O'brien. It's been the same game since round 4, our def has improved from last year. Our attack continues to get worse, our errors continue to get worse, we gave away too many set restarts today. At what point are we going to actually address our issues. Every week we have the same comment "O'brien is going to give them a spray for this performance" and the next week comes for the exact same outcome.
Really glad we're competitive through our D, makes a welcome change. Would be nice to see some expansive attacking (or any attacking) play. I feel like Ponga just doesn't offer enough, especially when I consider what Teddy brings to the Roosters, Ponga isn't even bringing 20% comparatively.
Ponga is also much younger than him and less experienced. I don’t know how people miss this . His still learning
 
Back
Top