ROUND 4; CRONULLA SHARKS V NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS - FRI, 1ST 6PM POINTSBET STAD.

Every member of our spine looked disjointed on a night where our pack was dominated, and most all of our play the balls were in the face of a very quick defensive line.

I can't understand why the majority of that blame is falling on our fullback. Our forwards were bad, Randall's service and decision making were firmly subpar. KP copped 80 minutes of bad service. He didn't play well, but he isn't a magician.

Every member of our spine looked disjointed on a night where our pack was dominated, and most all of our play the balls were in the face of a very quick defensive line.

I can't understand why the majority of that blame is falling on our fullback. Our forwards were bad, Randall's service and decision making were firmly subpar. KP copped 80 minutes of bad service. He didn't play well, but he isn't a magician.

We had a ton of opportunities on that first half attack their goal line

I can't understand why the majority of that blame is falling on our fullback.

Because our fullback is on twice the money as rest of the spine combined?

No one expects guys like Randall and clune who are getting a cold pie and a warm beer for a win to turn the course of the game.

Because our fullback is on twice the money as rest of the spine combined?

No one expects guys like Randall and clune who are getting a cold pie and a warm beer for a win to turn the course of the game.
This is an argument that you should only pay 9s and 7s a million bucks a year. Disagreeing with his contract is a different argument to blaming him for the result last night. (For the record I don't disagree with the contract)

When your forwards get dominated, that makes it harder for your first receivers. When those first receivers also play poorly, that makes it almost impossible for the second receiver to do his job - be that KP, Teddy, or Turbo.

The best example is the 4 times (perhaps more that I missed) we tried to run the double inside ball play that led to a try in the Roosters game. It was messed up every time before KP even had a chance to touch the ball. You can't reasonably blame him for that

We must have watched a different game mate. Can you point me to just a couple of the ton of examples where Ponga got good service inside their 20?

I’m not going to go through and analyse every attacking opportunity we had in the opposition 20. Two that stick out but, is that rotten pass he threw in the first half, I think it may have went dead after he dribbled it behind the backline. Another god one was when he had space created in the second half and assumed he committed an obstruction on the 4th tackle.

I’m not going to go through and analyse every attacking opportunity we had in the opposition 20. Two that stick out but, is that rotten pass he threw in the first half, I think it may have went dead after he dribbled it behind the backline. Another god one was when he had space created in the second half and assumed he committed an obstruction on the 4th tackle.
Right, so I didn't ask you to "analyse every attacking opportunity", I asked for two examples. You said that we had "a ton of opportunities in the first half", so I assumed they would come pretty easily.

You've called out a missed pass where he got the ball with nothing on, and his having to take a tackle because other players had messed up the structure.

We pay the bloke $1m/year. Based on the response from some on this forum after every loss, you'd think that paycheque came with the assumption that we go undefeated every season. Want to square that with the other 7 clubs paying their marquee men similar dollars? Should we expect an 8 way joint premiership?

Right, so I didn't ask you to "analyse every attacking opportunity", I asked for two examples. You said that we had "a ton of opportunities in the first half", so I assumed they would come pretty easily.

You've called out a missed pass where he got the ball with nothing on, and his having to take a tackle because other players had messed up the structure.

We pay the bloke $1m/year. Based on the response from some on this forum after every loss, you'd think that paycheque came with the assumption that we go undefeated every season. Want to square that with the other 7 clubs paying their marquee men similar dollars? Should we expect an 8 way joint premiership?

Are you his father? The team had their attacking chances in the first half. Ponga played the worst game I’ve seen him play. Yep I’m calling out the trash of a pass which he threw when ‘there was nothing on.” Hopefully every time there is nothing on he can hand it over

Are you his father? The team had their attacking chances in the first half. Ponga played the worst game I’ve seen him play. Yep I’m calling out the trash of a pass which he threw when ‘there was nothing on.” Hopefully every time there is nothing on he can hand it over
I am, in fact, not his father. This is not an Andre burner account.

This is an argument that you should only pay 9s and 7s a million bucks a year. Disagreeing with his contract is a different argument to blaming him for the result last night. (For the record I don't disagree with the contract)

When your forwards get dominated, that makes it harder for your first receivers. When those first receivers also play poorly, that makes it almost impossible for the second receiver to do his job - be that KP, Teddy, or Turbo.

The best example is the 4 times (perhaps more that I missed) we tried to run the double inside ball play that led to a try in the Roosters game. It was messed up every time before KP even had a chance to touch the ball. You can't reasonably blame him for that
I don't like how he stands beside the dummy half on every attacking set of tackles we have. If someone makes a break he's flat-footed and can't support like all fullbacks should

I'm sure Andre is far too busy with his totally legit NRLW welfare role and trying to squeeze more money out of the dolphins to be defending his son on an internet forum.

To be fair it wouldn't be too hard to get top dollar from the Dolphins.

So you're interested in my son after your team hasn't been able to sign any marquee player. What you offering to get him out of Newcastle?

As one more familiar with the rough and tumble of la criquet français I offer my humble observations of this match. I believe Mr Safiti , Mr Safiti, Mr Jones, Mr Momoisea and Mr Thompson could not match the vigour of their counter-balances. This had a negative influence on the non - forward players, who should not be judged too harshly. I believe Mr Ponga played with the aim of injury avoidance. Perhaps his slender frame is unsuited to the rigours of the art of fullbackistry. My dear wife, Scergette, favours fullbacks who are big, burly, bruising, beer-bellied, bloated, bad-breathed boofheads. Of Mr Ponga she observed, “Ooh, the poor wee bairn es noo eatn’ his baps and oots” Such wisdom from one so fair, and so scaley.

As one more familiar with the rough and tumble of la criquet français I offer my humble observations of this match. I believe Mr Safiti , Mr Safiti, Mr Jones, Mr Momoisea and Mr Thompson could not match the vigour of their counter-balances. This had a negative influence on the non - forward players, who should not be judged too harshly. I believe Mr Ponga played with the aim of injury avoidance. Perhaps his slender frame is unsuited to the rigours of the art of fullbackistry. My dear wife, Scergette, favours fullbacks who are big, burly, bruising, beer-bellied, bloated, bad-breathed boofheads. Of Mr Ponga she observed, “Ooh, the poor wee bairn es noo eatn’ his baps and oots” Such wisdom from one so fair, and so scaley.
Wot

Back