ROUND 3 : NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS vs WESTS TIGERS Discussion

What is your prediction for this game??

  • Knights 13 +

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1 - 12

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Tigers 13 +

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    18
Shibasaki will get the call up imo.
Young's defence isn't ready for first grade.
Can i ask how you know young's defence isnt ready for first grade . He defended well in the trial and from the little you can see on line his defence was good so how do you know , if you have seen more of him please post where as i cant find anymore .
 
It's a big opportunity for Shiba.
I was impressed with his skills last year, but he maybe struggled with fitness, because he never seemed to keep up the good work for whole games.
I don't know what sort of pre season he had last year.
He came to us late in the pre season and was supposed to be in the Broncos system before that. When the Broncos played, it was clear they were all short of fitness I think.
Anyway, I thought Shiba looked very busy for long minutes in the Melbourne trial, so maybe he is at a new fitness level.
We'll find out today I suppose.
 
The reserve grade game should go live at this link at 1.40, if I understand it correctly.

https://www.facebook.com/events/796506364595236


It's a shame that Crossland can't play against his old partner Jock Madden.
Madden and Crossland were a great combination in under 16s and 18s for the Knights and NSW and both made their under 20s debut at 17 for the Knights, although not at the same time.
Madden was offered a development contract at Wests after he was the SG Ball player of the year (for the whole comp and for the Knights).
I don't think they have ever played against each other, so it would have been a good contest.
Madden does come up against Kobe Davis and Simi Sasagi, who were basically the understudies for Crossland and Madden in the Knights under 18s - all coached by Scott Dureau.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if they will play big Dom in cup and risk having one of the first grade backs roll an ankle in the warm-up.
Probably not reading that back, haha
 
Looking at the Tigers’ bench, it’s massive. Should be a good forwards battle today. Not feeling great about us with Best out but hopefully it’s a good watch for the fans.
 
Looking at the Tigers’ bench, it’s massive. Should be a good forwards battle today. Not feeling great about us with Best out but hopefully it’s a good watch for the fans.
Halves need to have a good game, I dont see where else the points will come from.
 
Young is 18th man.
Saulo playing reserve grade.

Final reserve grade side

1 Mac Baker
2 Kiraz
3 Lucas
4 Penn
5 Van Dartel
6 Sasagi
19 Liam Wilkinson
8 Saulo
9 Randall
10 Croker
11 Hosking
12 Talty
13 Johns

14 Huth
15 Tolefoa
16 Purcell
17 Garrett Smith

ex Knights BJ, Kiah Cooper, Russell Packer and Jock Madden are all confirmed in the starting team for wests.
 
28-0 in reserves. Kiraz is having a shocker.
For the knights, Sasagi is showing he has a good kicking game and is running strongly. Just lacks polish.
 
Back
Top