ROUND 3 : NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS vs WESTS TIGERS Discussion

What is your prediction for this game??

  • Knights 13 +

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Knights 1-12

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Draw

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers 1 - 12

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Tigers 13 +

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    18
Our wins have come off the back of how good half our team is though. none of it is on Pearce. Guys like Brailey Watson and our forwards are having individual brilliance to get us over the line. We don't win against the Warriors without 2 efforts purely from Best.
 
Pearce made mistakes such as getting caught will the ball on the fourth tackle but Shiba had a shocker and Young was very disappointing. I hope Shiba never plays first grade again for the Knights.

I was very impressed with Watson’s passing game. Brailey was good too. Hoy is developing as a player as well. Dan is the man, he is our pack leader now.
 
Havent seen the game yet but got told Young was very good in Defence is that right .
Mixed bag. Some good tackles when he got into the swing but a couple of bad misses before that, and towards the end he had run out of steam.
 
Brailey didn't go forward like the last 2 games. I'm sorry but Pearce needs a long and short kicking game. Grubbers into legs and the good old mid field bombs every set. Brailey the only decent kick. Young obviously has flippers for hands, I'm guessing he wasn't put on the wing for this very reason. Shiba well enough said. Poor ol Tex......... We cut the errors we win and we play for better field position we win. Tackle 2 was mostly on halfway. That's not good enough.
 
I missed the first 20 and didn’t see the stuff that has Young on the nose already. I thought he improved as the game went on, he’s just a big young kid on debut that was targeted and hammered for everything bu the Tigers.
I thought Tex had a rocks and diamonds game, **** errors but started to show what he can do with the ball when it stayed in his hands. At least he kept trying and I thought good came out just ahead of bad for him, I reckon he’s going to be ok.
Pearce is not up to it as the main playmaker, never has been. As everyone else has said, why the **** does he think it’s a great option to run it and get tackled on the fourth so often? Is it because even he acknowledges that he doesn’t know what to do on the last, so he has his own way to get out of the job? I remember when he used to kick to touch in their corner in general play to get us on the front foot and we were on fire.
Shibasaki... **** me, where do I start? Feet for hands and jelly for a back bone, just **** off back to Townsville where it all began!
I think we’ll be ok this year, with a few performances like this to make me realise just how tough and durable an iPhone is.
Anyway, 2 posts in one game rather than 2 posts in a season, I’ve gone mad after that ****e performance, I’m out
 
Far out, the Pearce bashing on this forum is toxic. Firstly who would you drop him for? It was a tough day at the office today for us with 10 combined errors from very young players in the early stage of their careers. I’m as unhappy as any with what I saw today but a bit of perspective into what went into today is also in order.
 
Have you checked the other forum. The Pearce bashing is even stronger over there.

I'm not apologising for my opinion of Pearce, the teams performance or my opinion of our tactics. And I'm sick of being told that those who don't rate or like Pearce are wrong and we are going ok, we aren't! You can be happy with mediocrity all you like.

Who would I drop him for is a ridiculous question as we don't have anyone who can come in. Doesn't mean we have to be happy about it either.

I'm not putting today's loss on Pearce. We played horribly most of the game, 18 errors is going to cruel any team, we are missing as OB said 6 starting first grade players including half of our preferred spine.

And I have previously said out of our first 4 if we won 2 we would be on par.

So with that out of the way, Pearce is still not performing to his price tag, and not anywhere near where he should be with the fundamental skills he should have down after 300 games. Finding the in goal several times a game whether resulting in a line drop out or not is standard half back play, kicking to a decent field position at the end of a set to put your team in the best position possible is standard half back play. My main criticism of Pearce is his kicking game and how horrible it is.

Who put the only kick in to their in goal today? Who put the kick down for the 40/20 that should have been? Those were our two best kicks of the game!

Who would I replace him with? Reynolds, I would have not signed Pearce again, and went to market.

I don't buy that it's the coach telling him to repeat bomb and if that tactic is to isolate the back 3 it surely didn't work today.

And for the love of god, can we recruit a first grade, NRL standard goal kicker!
 
Last edited:
Plenty of things to be critical of today, which is met with the response of ‘why don’t you go out and see if you can do better’ in some knights Facebook groups, such a stupid retort. Holding onto the ball is the bare minimum that should be expected from a first grade team.
 
Plenty of things to be critical of today, which is met with the response of ‘why don’t you go out and see if you can do better’ in some knights Facebook groups, such a stupid retort. Holding onto the ball is the bare minimum that should be expected from a first grade team.


The thing is the team we fielded wasn't really a first grade team to be honest..
 
Aside from a debutant and Hoy with less than 20 games that’s a **** poor excuse to be honest.

Seems like you have forgotten about the 6 injured players we have who are straight up starters in the squad yeah? Take out 6 from any team and tell me what you get.... definitely not first grade standard.
 
Seems like you have forgotten about the 6 injured players we have who are straight up starters in the squad yeah? Take out 6 from any team and tell me what you get.... definitely not first grade standard.

The Tigers trotted out a pretty gun squad today...
 
Back
Top