Round 25: Newcastle Knights vs Canberra Raiders

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raiders 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Raiders 13+

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Some pretty poor play throughout the game and our discipline let us down

We made 9 errors, Missed 42 tackles and gave away 12 penalties, You won't win games doing that

Hopefully we can finish on a high next week

The ref had a completely different set of rules to every other ref in the comp.
He must have reffed plenty of reserve grade because, like all reserve grade refs, he wanted to smash Fitzy. Refs hate that guy.

Can't wait to see a Watson/Lamb halves combination next year. Hodkinson and Cogger were in all sorts tonight. No direction or structure.

Also anyone who doesn't think Levi improves this side can rack off.

Disappointed to say the least. How many time did we get penalised WITH the ball?! Rookie stuff.

On another note, I was surprised how big the Saifiti boys are. Saw Dan standing next to Papalli and made him like an ant lol.
What I don't get is why the twins don't run with as much intent than the likes of, say Paulo or Frizell. Imagine how much damage they would do to the defensive line!

Not overly surprised about tonight's result, but not too concerned either. Yeah there were some ordinary efforts, but as slots said a lot of those guys won't be starting next year. The twins again tried hard, Barnett was probably best on ground for us, Levi looked very sharp when he came on - he's coming along nicely this season. Ross was all effort as always. Buhrer did some good stuff and some bad, but his effort can't be questioned. Some of the calls were rubbish. Fitzy obviously needs a haircut, we clearly need two outside backs brought into the side as well as some aggression and direction in the middle. Not a great night, but I don't think it puts the greater plan back too much to be honest.

Dan Saifiti should probably be rested next week, and maybe miss the world cup if his shoulder separated.

I thought Danny Levi and Josh King added some impact when they came on. The start, not sure what was happening but they were rolling foward :(

At this stage we will have 8-9 playing in top 17, possibly as many as 12, stop kidding yourself, hard to win away from home and even harder with crucial injuries. Look at every other sides injury list, none has our long term injuries, 3-4 out for the season virtually. Many young players struggling against very experienced opposition. But have a look the effort is there and next year will be very much better, easy to blame the ref when we just weren't quite good enough week in and week out, I am happy to be a knight supporter.

Disappointed to say the least. How many time did we get penalised WITH the ball?! Rookie stuff.

On another note, I was surprised how big the Saifiti boys are. Saw Dan standing next to Papalli and made him like an ant lol.
What I don't get is why the twins don't run with as much intent than the likes of, say Paulo or Frizell. Imagine how much damage they would do to the defensive line!

With the twins being so tall, they dont have the leg speed but have big strides, they hit the line pretty hard, Dan has made 150+ meters 8 times this yr... his a handful.
His also still filling out being the rips age of 21.
They will be monsters in another 2yrs.

Yeah Dans efforts of a 150 metres plus regular and Jakes 120m efforts suck. If you want pace and impact for big boys take Frizell and his 12 minute stints or Tamuololos 15 min ones.

Safitis particularly Dan at any other club we'd be screaming to sign them because they are ours we dont give to hoots about them.

Went to the game and have to say we got absolutely ripped by the refs.
Raiders were never onside yet we were getting marched back 12 metres.
You could tell it was a pre determined result as everything went the way of the raiders.

par for the course for the Knights but if the Raiders think they deserve to play semi-finals football after that defensive effort they are completely delusional...

Went to the game and have to say we got absolutely ripped by the refs.
Raiders were never onside yet we were getting marched back 12 metres.
You could tell it was a pre determined result as everything went the way of the raiders.

I'm usually not one of those guys who carries on about the ref being on a teams side. But last night I thought it was clear we were not getting the calls, as if it were a pre conceived notion that Canberra's season was not going to be determined by us.

Penalty in possession for raising forearm entering tackle. Happens constantly in the NRL, never penalised. Raiders did it after us several times, not penalised.
Penalty in possession for obstruction for briefly running behind player. No opposition player obstructed, these are usually let go, we get penalised.
Offside penalty on our own try line for rushing up, happens in the NRL constantly yet we penalised. Raiders doing the same let go.
Penalised for holding down too long when they attacking our try line, they got away with it. Until late in the game.
Penalty against fitz for tackle on kicker, nothing wrong with it.
Raiders penalties putting them in good attacking position, our even up penalties coming whilst we are deeper in our half so as to not give us much attacking advantage. Typical even up penalties to make the count look good. It was as if the refs were looking for any reason to penalise us.

For mine it looked a very one sided refereeing performance, yet penalties wer12-11 our way. 23 penalties in an 80 minute game of footy, one penalty every 3.5 minutes, considering time lost with the game not being played for penalty and try conversions etc. You could probably say penalty was every 2.3 to 3 minutes of football. Every second set.

For mine the refs ruined that game of footy.

We still lost the game though with poor defense and poor completions.

Last edited:
One thing i hated about last night was poor Coggar,
It was a waste to use him last night... confidence took a hit and probs back in cup next week and beating himself up.
Should of used Feeney.

Back