Votes: 6 25.0%
  • DRAW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BRONCOS 1 - 12

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • BRONCOS 13+

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
You mean Jones, a bench backrower who was thrown in early into the centres marking Farnworth?
You mean Jones, a bench backrower who was thrown in early into the centres marking Farnworth?
Sorry I should’ve specified. My comment seems like they’re going off the two - I think Jones did what he needed to in the centre’s and did well but still don’t understand the hype around him.
I know it sounds like I’m being snarky but I’m generally curious and being serious what he’s been doing to become a fan favourite

Sorry I should’ve specified. My comment seems like they’re going off the two - I think Jones did what he needed to in the centre’s and did well but still don’t understand the hype around him.
I know it sounds like I’m being snarky but I’m generally curious and being serious what he’s been doing to become a fan favourite
I agree in regards to Jones he has potential for sure but everyone rags on fitzgibon and IMO Jones has a long way to go to get to fitzys level. Not bagging Jones he tries hard and goes alright but has not set the world on fire either.

Thought Randall played well last night. First game back in forever. 37 tackles, got the ball out OK. We missed Brailey’s good service off the ground though.
Totally agree. Randall is the best value player on our roster. He is playing for development player money, probably well under 100k, and he is able to play 80 minutes in a spine position, top the tackle count by 10 more than anyone else, do a reasonable job at dummy half, and all with no football for months and months.
He isn't Brailey, but he's done a hell of a job for us - well above his pay grade.

I agree in regards to Jones he has potential for sure but everyone rags on fitzgibon and IMO Jones has a long way to go to get to fitzys level. Not bagging Jones he tries hard and goes alright but has not set the world on fire either.

Fair, but then he hasn't really had the minutes to do too much. He is mostly brought on when the game is over, or an injury and he is out of position.

Jones made 50 tackles in his debut game.
It took Fitz about 3 years before he made 40 tackles in a game and he has still only done it a handful of times, and I can confidently predict he'll never make 50 in a game.
Fitz was basically well below firstgrade standard for all our wooden spoon years.
He was the age Jones is now and would not have got a run in our current side - not even as a number 17.
In short, Jones is way, way better than Fitz was at the same age, and about 1 pre season away from better than he is now.

Reactions: ben
I actually thought it was one of our better games. Broncos shut KP down well. We really muscled up in D except for that one period.
I liked that we tried to keep it simple and bust their edge, it didn’t work so we changed the plan, stuck to it and we came out on top. 4 day turn around great result!

IMO, much of the love on here for Jones comes from the fact that he's a local junior and (without knowing him personally) a seemingly great kid. He's been solid but not fantastic, but that's what I'd expect of him at this stage. Personally, I like him as a player given he's all effort. He's not the most skilled or dangerous on field, but after some time of other players being complacent (as DSaf indicated the other week), it's refreshing to see a local kid showing gratitude for playing firsts and pride for the team.

Once Brodie gets into a rhythm in first grade I can see him being that line running, ball playing forward. He has the skills to do it.

Once Brodie gets into a rhythm in first grade I can see him being that line running, ball playing forward. He has the skills to do it.

He could be a good lock option. He's relatively quick in the middle, a little under-sized but mobile. If Watson moves on then he'd do a job there IMO.

It’s not hard to see why the club is apparently after a versatile middle/edge back rower. I think of all the options we have at the moment, only two have put their hands up and established themselves as the clear best option: Frizell on the right edge, Watson coming off the bench to play lock.

I’ve ragged on Barnett a lot but I think he’s actually gone better than Fitz over both yesterday’s game and the week before, running better lines and just doing his job rather than looking to be the main man. Either way though I think neither of them is a great 80 minute player on an edge right now, particularly under the new rules, which is nothing to be ashamed of - Penrith split those edge back row minutes between Kikau, Capewell and Martin for a reason. And we love Brodie for his effort, how he’s conspicuously always the guy backing up or hustling back. He is however not a great defender & gets caught flat footed at times, nor is he a great ball runner. Not saying he can’t improve.

The off-contract list isn’t inspiring for the most part. I think a versatile forward who covers both lock & second row, and whose best attributes are mobility & impact in defence, would be just the ticket atm. I can only see one player who fits the bill, and that’s the very suspension-prone Tyrell Fuimaiono…

Billy posted that Jones is a big as Bradman Best.
Yeah, they're both big lads. I just mean as a backrower, he's perhaps a bit shorter than most. But I think that's why he's a good fit for lock, similar to Cam Murray or Watson, for example. Just my opinion though.

That said, looking at player profiles, Frizell is about the same height, so I take all that back haha.

Brodie isn’t a standout player by any means, but I like him because he competes on everything. Chuck him in the centre’s and he does the job, saves tries, makes his tackles. When something goes wrong for Fitz he drops his head and regresses completely. Brodie just doesn’t wanna give up.

I don’t know why Jones hasn’t been given more minutes in his preferred position. Would like to see him start game and get stuck in, let’s see what he has got.
Trouble now is every game is so critical that Obi is unlikely to risk it at this stage of season

I don't think Jones birth place has anything to do with why people like him here. It's his attitude that has me liking what he does. He might not be massively skilled but then we aren't looking for him to play at half.

What he does is bring the energy, the competitive spirit this team lacks in most games. It's a shame he mostly gets on the field late in games. I'd like to see him start and see what happens.

The coach doesn't think that Jones has not set the world on fire , he thinks Jones is a real keeper and said were not letting him go anywhere...When he came on and played centre the coach his staff the commentators and the fans thought he set the world on fire .

Back