Round 20: Newcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles

its attitude. on our winning run you could see the intent in the line speed and kick chase. i havnt seen that for 2 months now.
i dont know where we go from here. cant keep dropping players as theres noone better to replace them with. pearce has been horrible for weeks now, lino isnt a longterm 6 id be tempted to put crossland there for the rest of the year.
i rate manly highly and didnt think we would win but losing in that fashion has become all to common.

I wanted Garth Brennan for coach last time, now hes failed at the Titans is he worth trying? I'm not sure Jesus Christ would get any results with us tbh.

listening to the press conference just then, brown really sounded like he had no idea what to do

I didn't even tell like watching the game, I knew we would've smashed.

We fall alway badly in the second halves of our games.

Brown has to go.

*The team is Clearly not playing for the coach.
*Poor positional decisions all year (ie:Mann on wing).
*Changing players positions multiple time throughout the year.
*Strange use of bench every week.
*the revolving door of hookers.
*no real 1st grade standard 5/8.

I really don't want to become a club with a new coach every year but Brown isn't the answer.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but we don't get enough out of Ponga as a fullback. He has insane talent, who plays the role of 5/8 brilliantly, but as a fullback, he's not great.
Easily the best fb we have, one of the best catchers we have, but 99% of the time he refuses the run the ball back and it hurts us.

Unpopular opinion I'm sure, but we don't get enough out of Ponga as a fullback. He has insane talent, who plays the role of 5/8 brilliantly, but as a fullback, he's not great.
Easily the best fb we have, one of the best catchers we have, but 99% of the time he refuses the run the ball back and it hurts us.
He's told to not run the ball back.
SKD and a few others do it a lot better and there's no point using a Ferrari to do a bulldozers job.

Pearce looks bad. I’m not convinced Brown has lost the players because there appears to be effort but individuals are letting us down. Why Pearce chose to run on the 4th so much was a joke. Players shooting out of the line for no reason. It’s like there is no chief out there.

I was going to go to this game, geez I am glad I didn't. Had a feeling we were more likely to get belted than win.

The two sides were not as far apart as the scoreboard says. We just fail at executing our plays and taking our chances. We bombed about 8 good scoring chances and came away with nothing. No points, no repeat sets. You can't win any game with that sort of scoring chance conversion rate.

Brown did better with rotation of the bench this time, at least. But on 39 minutes for Dsaf, and long break sitting doing nothing???
Pearce for whatever reason lets himself get tackled so we have no option on the last. I don't see that from other teams anywhere near as much. He is struggling and needs a second play maker to take some heat off him.
Ponga needs to learn if it's the first tackle, or early in the count, don't risk a kick through the line. Vast majority just give the ball back to them and robs us of a good full set at them.

Bottom line is we create all the pressure on ourselves. We don't convert scoring chances, and then don't get a repeat set any time so apply zero pressure to them. Gift the ball back to them and put ourselves under pressure.

If we could have converted a few more of those chances, got a repeat set or two that game becomes a very tight contest.

Mann, should not be in 1st grade. He isn't good at any position. I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Lino is the 5/8 we need to stick with if Ponga is to stay at 5/8. He has much better potential than Mann there. Gavet to be dropped. Watson at hooker for 80 worked well enough.

I figured this was going to be one of our two losses we could afford, but I was hoping for a better showing than this.

Last edited:
I was going to go to this game, geez I am glad I didn't. Had a feeling we were more likely to get belted than win.

The two sides were not as far apart as the scoreboard says. We just fail at executing our plays and taking our chances. We bombed about 8 good scoring chances and came away with nothing. No points, no repeat sets. You can't win any game with that sort of scoring chance conversion rate.

Brown did better with rotation of the bench this time, at least.
Pearce for whatever reason lets himself get tackled so we have no option on the last. I don't see that from other teams anywhere near as much. He is struggling and needs a second play maker to take some heat off him.
Ponga needs to learn if it's the first tackle, or early in the count, don't risk a kick through the line. Vast majority just give the ball back to them and robs us of a good full set at them.

Bottom line is we create all the pressure on ourselves. We don't convert scoring chances, and then don't get a repeat set any time so apply zero pressure to them. Gift the ball back to them and put ourselves under pressure.

If we could have converted a few more of those chances, got a repeat set or two that game becomes a very tight contest.

Mann, should not be in 1st grade. He isn't good at any position. I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Lino is the 5/8 we need to stick with if Ponga is to stay at 5/8. He has much better potential than Mann there. Gavet to be dropped. Watson at hooker for 80 worked well enough.

I figured this was going to be one of our two losses we could afford, but I was hoping for a better showing than this.

I'm amazed that Mann and Gavet were selected for first grade this week. Banish them from first grade without further delay! I think Mann would feel relieved if he was dropped next week. I'd rather live give a couple of young guys a chance rather than putting up with the garbage we are getting from Mann and Gravet.

I'm amazed that Mann and Gavet were selected for first grade this week. Banish them from first grade without further delay! I think Mann would feel relieved if he was dropped next week. I'd rather live give a couple of young guys a chance rather than putting up with the garbage we are getting from Mann and Gravet.
It's like Brown has a point to prove with Mann. He went out and scouted him himself as a hooker (what a joke) and now he is trying to justify the signing by playing him every week.
What even is Mann's position?
It's obviously not 5/8, wing or hooker.

Back