Round 16: Newcastle Knights vs St George Illawarra Dragons

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragons 1-12

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Dragons 13+

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When Feeney played in the reserve grade premiership side his running game looked sensational. What's happened ? I keep waiting for him to explode.
Has a leg injury and against stronger opposition.....

The thing I like about Feeney is he plays straight, he threw some nice balls to Fitz yesterday leading to Rossy's first try, Fitz's try and a great long ball to put Gagai in the clear. People only seem to remember his poor kick and his terrible ball to Dugan......

I noticed when Ross set off for his length of the field try, Feeney tried to go with him, but had no chance. I was surprized how quick Rossy left him for dead.

I noticed when Ross set off for his length of the field try, Feeney tried to go with him, but had no chance. I was surprized how quick Rossy left him for dead.
Yeah he's not 100% fit, trains 1 day on 1 off apparently......

Has a leg injury and against stronger opposition.....

The thing I like about Feeney is he plays straight, he threw some nice balls to Fitz yesterday leading to Rossy's first try, Fitz's try and a great long ball to put Gagai in the clear. People only seem to remember his poor kick and his terrible ball to Dugan......
I also remember a blatant strip by Widdop being ruled as a Feeney drop ball.

Tom Starling had a funny day.
He played the first 40 minutes of our important NYC game against top 4 rivals Saints, and we were up 12-10 when he went off.
Then he lined up for reserve grade. He didn't go on till the 27th minute, and we were behind on the scoreboard when he went on, but scored 20 unanswered points with him on the field. He went off at 76 minutes, and Saints promptly scored.

There's just something about the young bloke that makes us lift. His running game looks very sharp and tackles well above his size. He's a smart footballer. I think he'd have to be in line for a debut sooner or later.

upload_2017-6-26_21-43-55.png

The half game ladder

Mataora V Starling, don't think it matters who played given the time on and the game situation, starling has been disappointing so let's give Mataora another try.
Also if Jsafit only had 26mins and Mataora had little time, 20 mins or so, we are not utilising our bench, some players must be playing long periods, fatigue, and generally overall performance suffers

Next year if we get a few good props to help out our forward rotation should improve dramatically.

I really dont think a few missed tackles per game is anything to worry about. What killed us yesterday was their offloads and their easy metres.

They were making way too many metres with every run, then getting offloads and making another 10. We would kick off and at the end of their set find ourselves running the ball out from our try line again and again.

We will continue to struggle until we can stop these easy metres most teams put on us as we can never get in to the arm wrestle with teams and have to rely on penalties and errors to get anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

For mine Mataora v Starling is a no win situation. They are both only reggies quality. If Mataora really got down to his full fitness weight would only be a small chunky back rower like Sione.

It is a fact most of our side are still kids playing seasoned experienced men. Off course they run out of strength and ideas. No way could the twins compete with say Vaughan over a full game. Short stretches yes but the longer minutes would favour the experienced player. That is why we need a couple of hard heads up front.

If it were a 40 minute game, they'd have a break after 20. The results would be the same, we'd get ran down in the second half, only the scores would be smaller :D

Back