ROUND 13: Knights v Tigers @ Hunter Stadium

Props to Darius for turning up - for whatever reason. I know we lost, but the last 7 minutes was great, I hope we play like that more.
 
Just wait, after the Roosters, Cowboys and Eels we'll have lost 9 in a row. Knights record coming up there.

Screw 2014.. :fist:
 
I'm not speaking out of disappointment because the team put in but Bennett's influence was really evident to me today. It's obvious we have any number of players capable of brilliant attacking play but Bennett's outdated game plan is restricting them. No coach at all would have seen a different result today.
 
It's bloody heartbreaking sometimes, the last month or 2 there's been a point in each game where it makes you think yeah, we'll go on to win this, then we still end up losing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Atleast it was a decent game, good to see us score a few points & put the smile back on Uate's face i guess.
 
I think Boyd played very well but I would've liked to see more urgency when Brooke's kicked that 20/20 and that pretty much cost us the game!
 
I think Boyd played very well but I would've liked to see more urgency when Brooke's kicked that 20/20 and that pretty much cost us the game!

I reckon he didn't know it was a 40/20(neither did I) and thought he was playing it safe by not attempting to take a swirling ball close to the side line.
 
I reckon he didn't know it was a 40/20(neither did I) and thought he was playing it safe by not attempting to take a swirling ball close to the side line.

Yeah you'd imagine that was the case going off the rest of his game today! That 40/20 won the tigers the game!!
 
I think we're only a couple of games away from kick starting our season.

kick starting our September holiday?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Boyd played very well but I would've liked to see more urgency when Brooke's kicked that 20/20 and that pretty much cost us the game!

he would of had to try bat it back in was like 1m from the sideline, plus no one let him know. The Knights don't communicate with each other, mason and Mullen do all the talking Scott sometimes... but the biggest issue again is we have had another 20 points put on us... our attack stinks but our d is even worse!

Look at the storm or teams that play 'boring' they are not going very well with the new rule changes, playing rugby league slow is being phased out, we as fans asked for this. Wayne Bennett is trying to go against it, at least with the storm they have a bit of attack but playing 'structured' safe footy doesn't win you that many games

Our performances have not been bad by any stretch, but our D is a big issue and confidence is done and its beena s hit year, what the issue is simply getting in front then playing safe, look at the tries Aku got and the space when gags and our backs get the ball wide early it needs to be done more, I don't care if we concede 20 points but friggin score 40 we have it in us our halves are very good players

Something will give but its too late for 2014 and I'm sure its too late for Wayne Bennett

Gidley has to go, I didn't think I would ever say this and I feel like **** saying it but he isn't a hooker and if there is nowhere in the team for him then I don't know what the coach does...

No one should have to pay $50 to go watch this honestly its embarrassing
 
Last edited:
The 10 minute's when Kurt was sent off for his brain explosion is what lost us the game….we were in control and getting on top of them.

Before anybody says he had to do it to save a try, it would have been better to let a try in and play them with 13 on the field rather than a man down.
 
I think our right side attack between our winger and Gags, has been really lacking because of Bennetts not liking or allowing offloads. Gagai had numerous times to throw an easy flick pass to an unmarked McManus.

All in all, from todays game I'm pretty happy with the effort most of the boys put in today. Boyd had a cracker of a game, buy we must speculate as to whether it was for his 200th game and genuinely wanted to have a crack or he wants out and is organizing his deal?

Its obvious Bennetts influence over the attacking plays. All one dimensional.
 
The difference in tackle breaks and off loads is pretty telling.

Tigers: 17 offloads, 26 tackle breaks
Knights: 3 offloads, 14 tackle breaks
 
Most of those tackle breaks came from Leilua and Gagai alone, which is sad.

I think Joey accounts for half our tackle breaks most weeks anyways.

In commentary Kimmorley (maybe) said we have 2 attacking plays - a sweep left and a sweep right - but we do them really well. He was only half right.

I enjoyed seeing the Mullen using the long ball left to right, that used to be his pet play a couple of years ago.
 
The difference in tackle breaks and off loads is pretty telling.

Tigers: 17 offloads, 26 tackle breaks
Knights: 3 offloads, 14 tackle breaks

We don't offload, offloads have proven this year to be the best way to get on the front foot...

Rules are different, quick taps, less scrums and 7 tackles the whole set ure line and defend didnt work against the warriors and it didnt work against the tigers. They are trying to win but just not there at the moment, our season is 100% over now not much point in bothering with this year just support nsw and hope we recruit a forward or two for next year... actually a few of the old boys will retire so we might need to get a lot of players

- - - Updated - - -

I think Joey accounts for half our tackle breaks most weeks anyways.

In commentary Kimmorley (maybe) said we have 2 attacking plays - a sweep left and a sweep right - but we do them really well. He was only half right.

I enjoyed seeing the Mullen using the long ball left to right, that used to be his pet play a couple of years ago.

We also have the inside decoy and pass to joey coming back on the angle, mullens banana kicks and tyrones show n go... just dont use them enough

mullens passing was a bit off today
 
Scored tries that side when he was off didnt see it impact us in a big way, I guess Tahu's Return is timely

McManus prolly didnt do enough to ear a spot for NSW
He stopped the balls from going over the sideline from our sh*t sweeping play.

I haven't seen Boyd that involved in our attack in a long time, while our execution was 100% off we just looked like a different team and it was refreshing to see. The effort was definitely there and we dug in until the end. Gidley was never going to let them score at that point in the game, what he did was stupid but it sure did show his character. The offloads killed us and Mullen's long kicking game was effortless. But we really need to focus on our execution in attack with Boyd running the show otherwise we will break our losing record :(

*Waits for Mason article*
 
Back
Top