Round 12: Newcastle Knights vs Cronulla Sharks

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sharks 13+

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
ZmFsbGJhY2s9bnVsbC5wbmd8MTQyMDE4MThjeG8uY3wxNDIwMTgxOA==
MTk1MjAxODE4fGN4by5jfGh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL3RlYW0tbG9nb3MvbGVhZ3VlLzI1MHgyMDAvNTUwMDYucG5nP2ZhbGxiYWNrPW51bGwucG5nfDE5NTIwMTgxOGN4by5jfDE5NTIwMTgxOA==

SUNDAY 27TH MAY, 2018 @ 2:00PM
MCDONALD JONES STADIUM, NEWCASTLE

OFFICIALS

REFEREES: JON STONE AND GAVIN REYNOLDS
SIDELINE OFFICIALS: ROHAN BEST AND MATT NOYEN
VIDEO REFEREES: LUKE PATTEN AND BEN CUMMINS

LOWER GRADES

ISP: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS VS ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
MCDONALD JONES STADIUM, NEWCASTLE
SUNDAY MAY 27TH, 2018 @ 11:45AM

JERSEY FLEGG: NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS VS ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
CESSNOCK SPORTS GROUND, CESSNOCK
SATURDAY MAY 26TH, 2018 @ 3:00PM

KNIGHTS TEAM

1. KALYN PONGA
2. KEN SIO
3. SIONE MATA'UTIA
4. NATHAN ROSS
5. SHAUN KENNY-DOWALL
6. CONNOR WATSON
7. JACK COGGER
8. HERMAN ESE'ESE
9. SLADE GRIFFIN
10. DANIEL SAIFITI
11. LACHLAN FITZGIBBON
12. MITCH BARNETT
13. AIDAN GUERRA (C)

14. DANNY LEVI
15. CHRIS HEIGHINGTON
16. JAMIE BUHRER
17. JOSH KING

18. JACOB LILLYMAN
19. LUKE YATES
20. CORY DENNISS
21. BRENT NADEN

STATS

PLAYER AND TEAM STATS
MATCH STATS
HISTORICAL STATS

UPCOMING MILESTONES

- JACOB SAIFITI REQUIRES 3 MORE GAMES TO REACH 50 NRL GAMES
- KEN SIO REQUIRES 2 MORE TRIES TO REACH 50 NRL TRIES

They’ll be stinging after that crap they dished up yesterday. I expect a much improved performance. Can’t see us winning though.

Our big hope is Cogger back and the Sharkies being very over confident which we have seen before from them.

Sorry mozza we don't seem to generate any sting or fire at all.

Our big hope is Cogger back and the Sharkies being very over confident which we have seen before from them.

Sorry mozza we don't seem to generate any sting or fire at all.

I think Brown is babying them too much. He said in a recent presser something along the lines of these blokes have played a few games now in first grade, and because of that you can be a bit dirty on them, and the other players can expect more of them.

The way he was talking gave me the impression he has been fairly soft on them thus far and only now, has he started to be harder on them.

I think Sione will be here next season and we might find Sione/Ramien our centre pairing with some hope that Moga might make it back, I have my doubts. If Moga makes it back Sione will be bench covering backs and 2nd row/edge but I think he will play more centre than anywhere else, just my opinion

That is a bit rough mozza wishing that on the kid. Granted he is not playing well consistently but a HIA is the last thing he needs.

Ramien played strong yesterday and scored a great try.

That is a bit rough mozza wishing that on the kid. Granted he is not playing well consistently but a HIA is the last thing he needs.

Ramien played strong yesterday and scored a great try.
Sarcasm is hard to convey via the internet.

Yeah. Yeah. Lets hope he gets absolutely humiliated and contemplates retirement or better yet cops a head knock and is forced to retire.

Dont want Sione humiliated, though if he get tought a lesson by a 10 game vet than it mite wake him up to do better as 10mths time that vet will be in the jumper Sione has now.

I wouldn't count Lamb out.
Plenty of people have played with a cheekbone fracture in the past and apparently he played out the game with it this week and it was only picked up with scans after the game.
If it were a bad fracture you'd expect it to swell very quickly and he would have looked like the elephant man by the end of the game, and I didn't even see any swelling at all.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Sharkies had this one wrapped up by the half-hour mark. Can’t see us coming remotely close.

Who are we picking this week folks? I’m struggling to name a decent squad but there should be changes imo.

I’d have to go with:

1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. Denniss
4. Ross
5. SKD
6. Watson
7. Cogger
8. Ese’ese
9. Griffin
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Barnett
13. Guerra

14. Levi
15. Buhrer
16. Heighington
17. Yates

Sione, Daniel, King get the chop. Yates, Buhrer, Heighington back in.

Back