Round 11: Newcastle Knights vs Gold Coast Titans

What is your prediction for this game ??

• Knights 13+

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Knights 1-12

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titans 1-12

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Titans 13+

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read some older posts. You were saying if you got 2 from 5 you would be over the moon (and figures around that ratio). We had a couple of wins exceeding those expectations and now if we lose its pitchforks and fire. Just sad.

team selections? where are your changes then. our problems are our edges and there is noone in cup in those positions worth feeding! argument for yates and buhrer but todays game wasnt lost in the middle

Really? They were making meters at will, we struggle to make 40m from a set. That leads to poor last tackle kicks, leading to poor field position, leading to ample opportunities for them in great field position. It means those penalties put us under immense pressure, those bits of luck tend to be happening in our 10-20m line when we are under big pressure, which leads to those lucky moments going against us.

It's easy to point out wide and say we suck out there. But that is looking at it way too simply.

Changes, I'd be putting Yates in every week he can. He can replace lillyman or heighington for all I care. I'd be dumping Sione and putting anybody else there, if they can stay in the line they will be a 100% improvement. Levi came on way too late in the game to have any desired impact. He is a decisive, piercing attacking player. We need him to be running against tired defenders, bringing him on part way through the second half is a waste.

I'd be rotating Griff to lock and spelling Barnett when Levi comes on and I'd be bringing Levi on with 15 minutes left of the first half, taking him off after 15 minutes of the second. Rotate Griff back to hooker and bring barnett back on.

Read some older posts. You were saying if you got 2 from 5 you would be over the moon (and figures around that ratio). We had a couple of wins exceeding those expectations and now if we lose its pitchforks and fire. Just sad.

Hate to break the news to you champion but it's round 11. The team had every reason to lift for the titans game, Titans were very gettable tonight, in fact we should have won that by 13+.

I still can't believe we conceded 33 points against the Titans....That is the most disappointing part for me

It was an embarrassment...

Next time we are up against a team on a losing streak I'm going to drop 1K on them beating us, it's a guaranteed win.

Again score points and from restart saf drops ball don’t see it for next 15 mins. Starting to be very hard to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? They were making meters at will, we struggle to make 40m from a set. That leads to poor last tackle kicks, leading to poor field position, leading to ample opportunities for them in great field position. It means those penalties put us under immense pressure, those bits of luck tend to be happening in our 10-20m line when we are under big pressure, which leads to those lucky moments going against us.

It's easy to point out wide and say we **** out there. But that is looking at it way too simply.

Changes, I'd be putting Yates in every week he can. He can replace lillyman or heighington for all I care. I'd be dumping Sione and putting anybody else there, if they can stay in the line they will be a 100% improvement. Levi came on way too late in the game to have any desired impact. He is a decisive, piercing attacking player. We need him to be running against tired defenders, bringing him on part way through the second half is a waste.

I'd be rotating Griff to lock and spelling Barnett when Levi comes on and I'd be bringing Levi on with 15 minutes left of the first half, taking him off after 15 minutes of the second. Rotate Griff back to hooker and bring barnett back on.

Mate Levi had 35 minutes and did 1 run 10m 15tks
Pretty much everything u say of Levi, Levi had 35 minutes to do and did none of it.

Griffin 60 minutes 6 runs 55m 33tks 1 kick.

10 minutes of poor/dumb play and bad luck turned a 8pt lead to a 6pt deficit.

I noted during the game Levi wasn't running out of dummy half as he normally does. I can't explain that other than to suggest it is a coaching decision to tell him not to.

I was asked the changes I would make and suggested some. I'd be doing what I said and giving Levi a license to run the ball. If he sees the markers no square scoot, the D struggling to get back scoot, thats his best quality that differs him from griff, and if we are going to use two hookers we need to use them to take best advantage of what they offer.

Get Griff out there to get us off to a good start in D (not that we are getting that), and bring Levi on at the back end of the half with 15 minutes to do his thing and get us on the front foot.

Hate to break the news to you champion but it's round 11. The team had every reason to lift for the titans game, Titans were very gettable tonight, in fact we should have won that by 13+.
12 points were pure luck of the bounce from kicks. We almost got that luck one too but didnt. It happens. You missed the point of the post. We are one win out of the 8 and top 4 on win/loss so give it a rest champ.

I'm sorry it's time for Brown to take some responsibility for the defence or rather lack there of. Conceding 30 a game for going on 3 years and same players making the same mistakes they were 2 years ago. Only coach in history to have a get out of jail free card.

Of course this team gets the Titans back into form. Couldn’t even hold a lead after Ponga went the length. Embarrassing how we’re going back to old ways.

Shame we don't get the win. @88Knight4life and I have been saying how we should be tackling. Our d coach has to be more accountable for the crap we dish yearly. Same goes for the players. Bad attitude and cya later.

Shame we don't get the win. @88Knight4life and I have been saying how we should be tackling. Our d coach has to be more accountable for the crap we dish yearly. Same goes for the players. Bad attitude and cya later.

Yep Fitzgibbon has scored what 13 tries from 10m out running 1on1 and over players?
Today he got chopped down be a textbook tackle by a much smaller guy.

Id say Ross would of dropped Lee with a legs tackle instead of trying to go high on a guy 10cm taller ans 15kg bigger.

I’m not saying we should get rid of Brown it be stupid and premature. But f*ck me questions have to be asked. He said in 2016 that we’d see an improvement defensively but we still haven’t seen it. There’s seriously no more excuses. He’s got the team he wants.

Questions have to be asked if we get rid of you what did he have in 2016-2017?

Back