Ethan
Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
'Hoy played ok at F/B but he was no Ponga ...Hoy already played fb a few times and did well.
Ponga is already attacking from 5/8 but would need to makre more tackles for sure.
I dont buy that just because we tried it once under the master strategist Brown, that it wont ever work.
I was one of the first to say Ponga should play 5/8 even before he actually got here but it didn't work at the time but in the future who knows .
Ponga showed he is much more of a weapon if he has that little bit extra room to move and no way would i move a Million dollar SOO f/b out of his prefered position to accommodate a rookie.
Imo there's no way Hoy is good enough yet to make us make Ponga change .
The other thing is Ponga's defence at F/b has saved us quite a few times not saying Hoy couldnt do that but i dont know for sure .
I say let the rookie play a different position if he doesnt like it bad luck .