Round 11: Newcastle Knights vs Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by rhugh89, Jul 19, 2020.

?

What is your prediction for this game ??

Poll closed Jul 26, 2020.
  1. Knights 13+

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Knights 1-12

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Draw

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Bulldogs 1-12

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Bulldogs 13+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Warcrow

Warcrow Matt Hilder

I wrote a big rant but upon reflection it could all be replaced by one word. Pathetic

2. danknights

danknights Matthew Gidley

Every single one of the dogs tries came from our mistakes. High completions wins games in the wet. Something we couldn't do.

3. KnightsUnite

KnightsUnite Brian Quinton

Watson i wouldnt resign? or much less?

2020 is over our attack is inept with massive attacking players...

Losing to that team like we did last year shows how mentally weak we are.

I can not see us making the finals... Way too many injuries

4. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Darius Boyd

No excuse for that rubbish from Pearce and ponga. Some of the spiral passes Pearce was throwing to a bloke 2 metres from him was so stupid. Just end over end the ball softly into his chest....
    Ponga continues to look extremely lost and doesn’t know where or when to chime in. That can only be put down to the coach because last year he was as dominant an attacking player as there was in the entire competition.
    Pearces inability to build any pressure whatsoever on his opponent also is a massive problem. We need repeat sets to wear them down and tire them out. Pearce kicks it straight into the defenders legs every bloody time.

huge disappointment for guys like Mann, klemmer, saifiti, Barnett, Hunt, tuala and best who give 150% every week but the highest paid players in the team can’t Ice those big moments.
    Should’ve been 2 points and put us firmly in the top 4. Instead at the backend of the season we will be fighting for a spot in the 8

JOJO82 likes this.
  5. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Mann was better than Pearce in just about every aspect, and Ponga had one of his better games.
    Herman had a shocker - which doesn't surprize me. He is one of those guys who will not put in 100% now that he is signed for someone else.

6. Thornborough92

One
    of pongas better games? He had 2/3 mistakes and did nothing in attack

7. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

It will be interesting to see the difference as the Panthers have many injuries as well, Guarantee they play better than us

PLAYERS MISSING FOR PENRITH

Viliame Kikau
    Zane Tetevano
    Jed Cartwright
    Brian To'o
    Kurt Capewell
    Apisai Koroisau
    Dylan Edwards
    Dean Whare

8. knightime

knightime Troy Fletcher

Lol, 2020 is over? This is round 10 of 20, is it not? Jesus, people on here need to relax a bit. Absolute shocker of a game by us, and well played by the Dogs. That said, we’ve beat quality outfits this year and we can bounce back. We lost 2 hookers in a match and lost by a converted try.

Speedymetric and Owey like this.
  9. relicorange94

relicorange94 Ben MacDougall

Mai-Wel
    Yep, pretty much me for the past couple of years! BDA4469D-61F9-45D3-9EEE-A5E3FA5D5DB3.jpeg

Matty23, JOJO82, ben and 2 others like this.
  10. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Don't agree - he was very solid under the high ball in terrible conditions and our most threatening player in attack.

Battler, Owey and packo like this.
  11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Nah we will win we are a weak on week off.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We can’t beat the worst side in the comp. We’re no hope.

13. knightime

knightime Troy Fletcher

Broncos are the worst IMO and we beat them. Higher on the ladder than the Doggies now but that won’t last.

14. Thornborough92

Its the fullbacks job to catch the high ball, I’m not judging his performance on him basically doing his job. He offered very little in attack and looks lost when he’s on that right side good ball

15. listo

listo Grant Stuart

Well done, you’ve just put an exclamation mark on how ****e we are at the moment. We’ve just promoted the worst team in the comp to second worst with today’s effort

16. knightime

knightime Troy Fletcher

Well done, you’ve interpreted my comment so as to draw as much negativity as possible from a close loss in poor conditions. The hysteria is strong with this one.

17. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Timana Tahu

Pearce is copping it on here and he did have a poor game, hard to remember him having a good one. Me thinks his injury is not good and could do with a rest, nice way of saying drop him. Has had that knee/leg strapped for a while and not played well with it, think it might also be effecting his kicking.
    Our injuries are bad, 9 a problem, think we need Randall in rather than Mann at 9 and need Crossland or Lino on bench need a bit of variation. Back 5 were pretty good with Moga the least good. Injuries, players out of position, lack of subs didn’t help in heavy conditions. Forwards were ok to good except for Ese’ese who had a bad day.

18. listo

listo Grant Stuart

Not hysteria, we’re just not mentally up to it at the moment. I don’t know how it’s fixed, but we’ve got the cattle for the job but not the smarts.
    You say it was a close loss, but last place out performed us in nearly every aspect in poor conditions, that’s not close to me, just my opinion. A good team, injuries or not would have given it to them today. We need to take the next step

alexwilliams and JOJO82 like this.
  19. Warbs

Warbs Con Mika

Senior Consultant
    What the hell is wrong with Pearce. I'd like to see him dropped for a week but against the Storm that would be suicide. His kicking game against the Dogs was terrible, his running game non existent, and his half organisation in attack was a couples of steps then turn a player under him, over and over again.
    I wonder if these highly paid players would dish up that rubbish if they were being paid by win/loss.
    I'm just watching Cleary in the rain kicking the Titans out of the game. Something Pearce can't seem to do.

JOJO82 and Lefty like this.
  20. Lefty

Lefty Todd Bates

Retired
    I can only put it down to his knee injury affecting his game. His kicking game today was woeful.