Recruitment And Retention Discussion

Ever since Ikin moved on it went to ****. Say what you will about Kent but him and Ikin worked in the early days. I think it started going down hill when they brought in the news corp journos onto permanent gigs where they used to just bring them in for an update. Seems to have gone to all their heads that they are more important than what they are.

Sampson was alright on there but Braith is an idiot. Also has just become an argument non stop as though they think that’s what the punters want to see
 

from the Parra forum:

“My mate is a close relative to the Black Money agent that manages Bradman Best. He told me that Best and his manager are using the Eels to get more money out of the Knights and that he has no interest in moving elsewhere. Especially with his brother Baxter joining the club next year and his venture into a painting business in Newcastle.

He is not coming here, Bostock is a bigger chance.

I've also been told one of Izack Tago or Blaize Talagi will be at the club next year“
 

from the Parra forum:

“My mate is a close relative to the Black Money agent that manages Bradman Best. He told me that Best and his manager are using the Eels to get more money out of the Knights and that he has no interest in moving elsewhere. Especially with his brother Baxter joining the club next year and his venture into a painting business in Newcastle.

He is not coming here, Bostock is a bigger chance.

I've also been told one of Izack Tago or Blaize Talagi will be at the club next year“
Thanks very much for this information @t0m!
 
Print journalists should never be on television let alone talk shows, this is just something that has evolved over the period of the print medium dying.
The reporting of 'Best firming by the hour' suggests that somewhat substantial discussions are being held and some of it got leaked. Or its complete bs. But it seems real, unfortunately.
I think the opposite. You would have to have an incredibly dumb agent to be leaking things out with an important match being played on the weekend...it's like idiots like Riccio act like it's happening tomorrow and he's already a free agent

Similar to Ponga most of it is purely media based and nothing to do with the player
 
I think he should hold his ground. Best is and will remain on amazing coin! And as others have mentioned, add the rep payments too. For once there’s more than money to retain and attract players to the club! A lot more.
I realise that different positions garner more coin and whether you are classified a match winner also affects payments, but the game requires all sorts of different skills to create a successful side. That said I would like to know how much someone like Crossland is on in comparison to Best.

I know you can't plan for injuries and make an accurate prediction how many games someone will play in a season, but to me I think Crossy offers at least as much to the success of the team as Braddy does.
 

from the Parra forum:

“My mate is a close relative to the Black Money agent that manages Bradman Best. He told me that Best and his manager are using the Eels to get more money out of the Knights and that he has no interest in moving elsewhere. Especially with his brother Baxter joining the club next year and his venture into a painting business in Newcastle.

He is not coming here, Bostock is a bigger chance.

I've also been told one of Izack Tago or Blaize Talagi will be at the club next year“
I’m also a mate of Wok & Abe Wright, maybe I’ll shoot them a sneaky text. Didn’t even think to lol
 
No haha, i just hope we don't make the mistake of moving Sharpe out of the halves and into Gags vacant centre slot just to accomodate all 3 in the starting side.
I find this interesting as it’s not a mistake, it’s more a first world problem. I agree, sharpe is 6 but jesus Ponga Sharpe Brown Smith Crossland ‘spine’ is cheating. It’ll allow Graham 14 too who’s 3 times better than Smith as 9. Can’t have Smith/Hunt/Graham on bench.

What do we lose with sharpe shuffling 1 spot over?I suppose he’s more limited to his greatest skill - instinct and roam
 
Yeah I think Justo looks at it as, he has the option in the locker to move guys where he needs to. To get through a season we will need Sandon to fill in in the halves, no matter what. Kalyn and maybe Fletcher out of the team for Origin. If there are injuries in the backline Sharpe is one of the best options to cover there. I would rather just keep Sharpe at 6 but honestly I think Fletcher's been going just fine there even with being moved around a bit, improving all the time. I think Justo's a good enough coach that we don't need to stress about any of this.
 
I find this interesting as it’s not a mistake, it’s more a first world problem. I agree, sharpe is 6 but jesus Ponga Sharpe Brown Smith Crossland ‘spine’ is cheating. It’ll allow Graham 14 too who’s 3 times better than Smith as 9. Can’t have Smith/Hunt/Graham on bench.
Yeah the competition for the vacant centre spot will be talked about all off-season as much as who the halves will be the previous off-season. Justin will probably keep us guessing till gameday like he did with the halves/bench in Vegas.
 
Graham won't be here in 2028, he was signed on a one year deal and is a obvious stop gap for Hagan, are people forgetting at full strength Holbrook had Smith ahead of him?.

With how close Holbrook is with Smith and all that I highly doubt Graham will be ahead of Smith.

Man is the first half back to take us to the grand final since Joey and he was the main reason why we are in the grand final and people are still unhappy with him, can't stop the haters for whatever reason, he is a good player and some of you lot need to accept that.
 
Graham won't be here in 2028, he was signed on a one year deal and is a obvious stop gap for Hagan, are people forgetting at full strength Holbrook had Smith ahead of him?.

With how close Holbrook is with Smith and all that I highly doubt Graham will be ahead of Smith.

Man is the first half back to take us to the grand final since Joey and he was the main reason why we are in the grand final and people are still unhappy with him, can't stop the haters for whatever reason, he is a good player and some of you lot need to accept that.
Agree with you re Smith but we have many players that have got us to the GF, Smith didn’t do it on his own and as good as he might be he isn’t the best half back for Knights over the past 10yrs, Pearce for one, but he didn’t have the Coach or players we needed
 
Back
Top