REAL NRL: Newcastle Local Competition

Scorps are leading 6-4 Blake Gallen Try Lakes scored through James Vaka

- - - Updated - - -

Lakes beat Wests in reserves 19-18

Anywhere where you listen to the game or get score updates?

On the Newcastle Rugby League twitter (@RealNRL) on the Fox Sports Pulse Website both have score updates. BarTV Sports usually broadcast the game on their YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUqki3gPoRcj1RFUKuGthQ/featured but I don't know if they're uploading it later or just won't worry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Scorps over again through Isaac Briggs kick is good Scorps lead 12-4

- - - Updated - - -

Scorps over through Josh Schmiedel kick is good 18-4 Scorps lead

- - - Updated - - -

Half Time Scorps leading Lakes 18-4

Last time the Scorps won it was live on NBN, and it was so long ago that I knew some of the players socially.

Lakes have come back in the second half and the score is now 20-18 Lakes leading. Under 10 to go

- - - Updated - - -

Brad Murray converted a penalty goal 24-18 Lakes

- - - Updated - - -

Lakes have won 24-18 after being down 18-4 at half time. It will be interesting to see who got MOTM my bet it is on Brad Murray who has been great all year and accoridng to the Twitter had kciked some sideline conversions

Things ain't changed much for the poor old Scorpions. One play and give it to a slow old forward game over. Drat!!!!!!

Not much has changed huh?,well let's not mention they made the grandfinal and to make the grandfinal they knocked off 3 time premiership winning west newcastle, in my option they don't seem like the "same old scorpions" and seem to to be doing a lot right

Scott Briggs (Souths) will be joining Macquarie next season.
Jake Finn will return for Wests after playing on the Knights NSW Cup.

Marv will be a standout in the real NRL I think.
He is still very good at NSW cup level.

Scott Briggs (Souths) will be joining Macquarie next season.
Jake Finn will return for Wests after playing on the Knights NSW Cup.

Scott briggs see him about on the ciggies always on the grog, a player who had mass potentional but has blown it, bad signing for the scorps, plus i think with Barrie Moore gone next year a few players players and juniors have left

Current Gold Coast Titan Brad Tighe is in talks with Wests (which is also his junior club)

Jacob Jenkinson from Cessnock to West

Lakes sign props Marcus Marsh (Aberdeen) and Jared Clark (Macleay Valley)

Be very interesting to see how Wests would sort their backline if Tighe came in. They've already got the best centre pairing in the comp in Gordon/Williams, plus guys like Ale and Richardson who can play there if needed.

Good od problem to have I guess. Them getting Finn back will be massive too, he killed it a couple of years ago for them.

AJ Davis to Kurri. Also to Kurri - Tyme Dow-Nikau (ex Maitland), Joel Harrison (ex Cessnock) and Brad Manton, Tim Bennett, Scott Dunn, Brady Hammond and Joel McCann all return.

Kurri losses include Daniel Abraham and Brock Harmer (both to Macquarie), Kyle Smith (Penrith) and Jay Stevens (Overseas).

Back