Party Atmosphere

This doesn’t need its own thread lol because Kent and Buzz have no idea what goes on at the Knights and just make things up out of thin air.

I’d say they’ve heard it from somewhere.

Like where? They’re the king of making things up and have no clue about the inner workings of the Knights as time and time again has shown so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the case again.

Plus we won six games in 2016-17 and weren’t partying then but now we are because we aren’t winning matches we are expected to they are partying? LOL. Goes to show that they’ll say anything to get people to tune in to their diahrea of a show.

Anything that doesn’t come from the Knights or Knights journos automatically isn’t a valid source of information for mine.

Like where? They’re the king of making things up and have no clue about the inner workings of the Knights as time and time again has shown so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was the case again.

Plus we won six games in 2016-17 and weren’t partying then but now we are because we aren’t winning matches we are expected to they are partying? LOL. Goes to show that they’ll say anything to get people to tune in to their diahrea of a show.

Anything that doesn’t come from the Knights or Knights journos automatically isn’t a valid source of information for mine.

Yeah I know they have a crap track record and I don’t really look into it. I see our problems as attitude Brown not having any mean streak in him.

Reactions: R_A
Yeah I know they have a crap track record and I don’t really look into it. I see our problems as attitude Brown not having any mean streak in him.

I agree. The team didn’t respond to the loss against Manly well and that’s on the coach. The players dropping the ball and some of those efforts on the field are on the players.
I was worried that golden point on a Sunday night with the shorter turnaround for Saturday would affect them a bit and it did.
But they had the extra day to recover and were looking okay until they made errors that led directly to tries.

Even some of the quotes I read right after the game from a Browns were concerning, that he was just going with the flow

I heard on that diahrea of a show Buzz was making an argument for the Panthers to get moved which is laughable because they have one of the largest junior catchment areas in the nrl.
Compare that to the roosters who cut their lower grade teams and just poach everyone else’s juniors

Goes to show they’ll say literally anything to get people to watch that crap

There is obviously an issue at the Knights.
Not sure what though.
Buzz is probably just jumping to the conclusion that there is a party atmosphere.
He is correct when he says there were alcohol issues in the preseason and there was a bit of hype around Ponga's party.
Journo's will always over exaggerate to get their point across.

Yeah bro Ponga and Watson are at the Greenroof paro most days bro.

Translation: I saw Ponga and Watson at the Greenroof one Saturday night during the off season.

It might not be a party but something is wrong and if you come up with enough suggestions one or more will be right, truth is something is wrong in paradise, but what.

Yeah lol, like most people in the media they guess and 99% of the time get it wrong, which is also no surprises

He may not be on the money but something is not right. He is probably putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

Been several incidents.
Pearce in the off season.
Ponga party.
Moga incident
Rumour about ex knights at willie mason's brothers? Party.
Mullen rumour.

May not be a shred of truth but it shows Browns and Newcastles free pass from the press is over.

He may not be on the money but something is not right. He is probably putting two and two together and coming up with 5.

Been several incidents.
Pearce in the off season.
Ponga party.
Moga incident
Rumour about ex knights at willie mason's brothers? Party.
Mullen rumour.

May not be a shred of truth but it shows Browns and Newcastles free pass from the press is over.

I don't think anything controversial was said to come from the Ponga party. Just a big birthday gathering. The other incidents & rumours are a bit concerning though. But I do think they're putting two & two together as well. There was rumours about Pearce in the off-season & Moga/Jaifiti had a stupid incident. I know for a fact Ponga & Watson like to go out & enjoy themselves as young 20 something year olds do, but nothing of a controversial nature has even been rumoured. But that's only a couple players, I struggle to believe we have many more players than most clubs that like to get on the drink & would suspect a fair few of them don't even get up to that sort of business.

On the field, something is different this year no doubt. Brown needs to get them fired up to play. Maybe not so much a party atmosphere, but maybe a relaxed boys culture is more on the mark. Browny is a great bloke from all reports, brings players into his home for dinners etc. but maybe it's gone too far.

Last edited:
Someone tell me why Storm players are never in trouble for alcohol related incidents?
Two reasons.
They can basically be anonymous in large parts of Melbourne - it's a big city and there are parts of it where they wouldn't know who Cam Smith was if he dressed in full playing strip and carried a football under his arm.
second reason
the Melbourne press has a completely different mindset. If they attacked AFL players like we attack League players, they would be lynched from a tree in the middle of Melbourne, and it carries over to other sports. Sports stars in Melbourne actually get away with more than average people, unlike Sydney where they can't do a thing without it making front page news.

Would we all be wondering what the problems are if Bellamy was the coach ? Maybe we need someone who coaches with an iron fist. At the moment our coach looks like he's using a rubber one.

Back