Official: The Wests Group buy the Newcastle Knights

Radio said today 'if' its ayes, they will take over the club end of October.
Toohey explained a few weeks ago that the NRL financial year starts November 1 - so last day of October, midnight, is when they take over officially - but they will be announcing things well before that.

Wasn't voting supposed to end on the 6th? Surprised nothing more concrete hasn't been announced...
Seems like we're just waiting for the announcement at the moment

Wasn't voting supposed to end on the 6th? Surprised nothing more concrete hasn't been announced...
Seems like we're just waiting for the announcement at the moment
Vote ended last night, Wests board met at 5pm today. Will be announced before the end of the week, likely tomorrow.

Woo Hoo! Great news, after struggling financially for 30 years, the Knights future is now assured.

At last the "dream marriage" of Wests and the Knights will take place.

It may take a while, but we will get our 3rd premiership!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lol Beaumont only you and i and a few oldies know your full maggots connection.

This post MAY get you excommunicated from the family old mate? But it is great news.

senior official from wests was on kofm this morning. A few things said
- wests will be working with current board during transition period.
- current board including ceo will step down on november 1
- wests are in this for life and arent expectingto make a profit for 5yrs (hope to break even).
-any profit to be put into grassroots as wests are a community owned club.
- want to seperate the football and administritve side of things. ex players who are well regarded in community may be approached to join the football operations
- they see nathan brown as a "career" coach and hope to see him here for 10+ years.

Wests Group members back Knights acquisition

Tue 8th August, 09:00AM

The board of The Wests Group is pleased to confirm the results of the recent plebiscite, in which Wests members were invited to vote on the proposition that The Wests Group acquire 100 per cent of the share capital of the Knights Rugby League Club.

A total of 13,635 Wests members voted, with 93 per cent voting yes.

A further 212 members emailed or mailed the board with their thoughts and voting intentions.

While this correspondence could not be included in the official vote count, it has been assessed by the board and the vast majority was supportive of the resolution.

The Wests board would like to thank all members who took the time to vote and correspond with us about this matter.

Given the overwhelming support for the acquisition of the Knights, The Wests Group will now commence a transition period to complete all outstanding due diligence requirements in preparation for full ownership to commence on November 1, 2017.

Two clubs. One bright future.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2017/07/31/knights_ownership_vo.af_news.html

Interesting comment about Brown being a career type coach and here for 10+ years.

Must put the wind up those here who have spoken up about him and his record thus far at the Knights.

Interesting comment about Brown being a career type coach and here for 10+ years.

Must put the wind up those here who have spoken up about him and his record thus far at the Knights.

Not for me,

Everyone can have a opinion on any matter... things are starting to come together now, though go back 3mths before signing Guerra and it was looking very very tough for us.

It was, it was certainly hard to keep faith in the process. Thank god there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it appears.

How is the feeling settling in for everyone? The fact that really for the first time in our history, we can rest assured we have a future without the threat of the axe falling on us, or simply going broke. I can feel it settling in a bit on me today.

It was, it was certainly hard to keep faith in the process. Thank god there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it appears.

How is the feeling settling in for everyone? The fact that really for the first time in our history, we can rest assured we have a future without the threat of the axe falling on us, or simply going broke. I can feel it settling in a bit on me today.

This day should of happened 20yrs ago tbh, its definitely worthy of one of the clubs finest hours in its history.

Back