Official Team vs Manly

Hunter93

Todd Bates
Knights name Round 10 team

Tue 13th May, 02:49PM

The Newcastle Knights has named an 18-man squad for Monday night’s Round 10 match against the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval.

Forwards Willie Mason and Korbin Sims, who are returning from suspension, are both named on the bench, while Jeremy Smith remains unavailable due to a knee injury.

Joseph Tapine, who made his NRL debut last weekend, is named on a five-man bench while Pat Vaivai, who also made his NRL debut, returns to NSW Cup for Saturday's match against North Sydney.

The Knights resume training on Wednesday as they prepare for Monday night's game.

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. David Fa’alogo
9. Kurt Gidley (c)
10. Kade Snowden
11. Beau Scott
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Adam Cuthbertson

14. Adam Clydsdale
15. Chris Houston
17. Willie Mason
18. Korbin Sims
19. Joseph Tapine

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/05/13/knights_name_round_10_team.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Manly 84 Newcastle 2

- - - Updated - - -

broken-axe-18204328.jpg

Don't think he'll play smith when he can really have another 3 full weeks off to rest knee with the bye next weekend

I'd like to see Smith retire. He's been very ordinary value for the money he'd be on and I think it's fair to say he's not going to get any better.

I'd like to see Smith retire. He's been very ordinary value for the money he'd be on and I think it's fair to say he's not going to get any better.

Has he got another year after this one?

If there's no significant team changes by now I'm pretty sure there won't be. On paper this team is our best, or close to it, but in reality, it isn't working.

8. Snowden
9. Gidley
10. Mason
11. Scott
12. Rochow
13. Cuthbertson

14. Clydsdale
15. Sims
17. Fa'alogo
18. Tapine

ditch gidley, mason and fa'alogo (anyone over 32) and replace with clydesale + *someone* on the bench, hannant and mckendry, ASAP.

Has he got another year after this one?

If there's no significant team changes by now I'm pretty sure there won't be. On paper this team is our best, or close to it, but in reality, it isn't working.

I imagine Smith would be on decent money. The days of a rugged defender tough straight up and down player like Smith commanding big bucks is gone.

I think it's obvious that the team Wayne chooses is the best we can field. It would be a huge boost if we got Smith back this week. But if we did get him back, he'd move to lock, Cuthbertson to the bench and Houston + Tapine out. I really think Tapine deserves more time in first grade. He looked great against Penrith. I'd expect some late mail coming from this game, though.

The team may be right but the game plan may be wrong, or the whole team have massive confidence/other issues. Maybe they have no fear of losing their spots because we couldn't sign anyone to replace them even if we wanted to haha!

Willie got it right last night on NRL 360. We need to run hard and tackle hard and not be scared of a few bruises.

Well we are fragile... the coach said it.. fragile... i think thats the worse thing you can call an NRL team... But our position on the ladder supports it

I'm thinking the boys have been through enough.
We want them to perform, but it seems like years ago when we were talking about some of them going off to America in the off season to get private training.
Since then we have seen the Packer affair, the Willie affair, the McKinnon tragedy, the Tetevano affair, the whole ongoing Tinkler affair that sticks it's head up every second week, and probably a few others i've forgotten about.
Time to put all the retiring guys into reserve grade and give some young guys some firstgrade experience, because this season is dead, cremated and the ashes have been scattered in Hunter Ports (wherever the hell that is).

Back