Official: Knights sign Kalyn Ponga on a 4 year deal

1. Ponga
6. Watson

That is the reality of it. Calling for Brown to be sacked for doing otherwise is ludicrous. Of course he gives chances to everyone. Every Knights fan knows that is the reason we bought those two. Because they are two genuine first grade talents who will now get the opportunity to solidify themselves in their respective positions instead of "filling in" at other clubs.

1. Ponga
6. Watson

That is the reality of it. Calling for Brown to be sacked for doing otherwise is ludicrous. Of course he gives chances to everyone. Every Knights fan knows that is the reason we bought those two. Because they are two genuine first grade talents who will now get the opportunity to solidify themselves in their respective positions instead of "filling in" at other clubs.
That's all manager talk in the media, and it's a ludicrous idea that a coach would run a team that way.
Brown didn't pick the round 1 2018 side, sight unseen, 9 months early.

That's all manager talk in the media, and it's a ludicrous idea that a coach would run a team that way.
Brown didn't pick the round 1 2018 side, sight unseen, 9 months early.

Well I guess we can assume then that Moga, Ese'ese & Guerra might not be in the side either, it's September, Brown can't have signed them with the intention that they'll be in the side. The age of Ponga & Watson doesn't matter anymore when you realize they're probably on bigger contracts than those 3. Brown is not dishing out huge money to blokes that might not be in the side. You're taking it too literally, of course Brown hasn't picked the side yet, but if you don't think that Watson & Ponga will be given their opportunity straight up save for unforeseen circumstances, then big money contracts mustn't mean anything.

I think most of the disagreements on here are over the wording of statements people make.

I think we all agree that any player that is out of form will be dropped but also that those players mentioned will be given a decent opportunity.

Look how long it took for Hodgkinson to be dropped.

All I'm reading from Billy is wahh they aren't local juniors and need to fight for a spot in my team...

You live in dreamland if you think Ponga and Watson won't walk into 1 and 6 respectively.

All I'm getting out of Billy is we shouldn't just assume those players just walk into that specific jersey. An off season & trial will decide who goes where & if it isn't right, those guys won't get the role they hoped for.

All I'm reading from Billy is wahh they aren't local juniors and need to fight for a spot in my team...

You live in dreamland if you think Ponga and Watson won't walk into 1 and 6 respectively.

Haha, Ponga's hasn't been worth feeding since signing with us & now Billy questions him, he's great? It's really hard to respect a single thing you say these days

Haha, Ponga's hasn't been worth feeding since signing with us & now Billy questions him, he's great? It's really hard to respect a single thing you say these days

Where have I said he isn't worth feeding?

Guess it's easier making up sh*t then actual facts.

Barring injury imo the first grade Backs will be 1 Ponga 2 Ross 3 Moga 4 SKD 5 Chanel/Hughes 6 Watson 7 Lamb.... trouble is gotta wait 6 months to see how close I am ...

Barring injury imo the first grade Backs will be 1 Ponga 2 Ross 3 Moga 4 SKD 5 Chanel/Hughes 6 Watson 7 Lamb.... trouble is gotta wait 6 months to see how close I am ...
Firstly I assume your selections are based on signings now, don't include Pete, Elliott or anyone else that we might? get, but I think you are very close. (Sio?) Nahhhhh

Right now I'd go:

1. Ponga
2. Sio
3. Ross
4. Moga
5. Kenny-Dowall

I have no issues with Sio on the wing. I think he's safe and reliable. Don't know why this board doesn't like him. I'd also give Ross a look in the centres. He played some centre last year and I thought he looked good. Was disappointed to see Brown not persist with him there longer. Granted, he needs a bit of work defensively in terms of making reads etc. but despite his size he's a physical, willing and able tackler. I thought he looked great in attack too. I'd give him a full offseason there and see how he trials. Keep SKD on the wing.

1 Ponga
2 Ross
3 Pete/Buy
4 Moga
5 SKD

Think we will look something like that. Either this or Sio wing (as much as everyone doesnt like him) with SKD center

I have no idea why you'd want that, terrible at centre. Ross isn't a centre either.

Judging by the pursuit of Beale they want a new centre to take Gagai's spot. SKD and Ross on the wings.

Sione back in the centres is interesting and something I've been contemplating for a while now. With him, Guerra, Buhrer, Barnett, Fitzgibbon and possibly Griffin next season, that's an overload of backrowers. You can only really have 5 in your 17 (3 starters, 2 bench). Surely Griffin gets one of those bench spots as a hooker/backrower, so someone misses out as you need 4 front rowers to rotate. If Sione is moved back out to the centres, that fixes that conundrum. I'd have him working on his speed, agility and lateral quickness all offseason to get him up to the task of being 1-2 more out and somewhat isolated on the edge defensively.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Sione
4. Moga
5. SKD
6. Watson
7. Lamb
8. D. Saifiti
9. Levi
10. Lillyman
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Buhrer