Official: Jacob Lillyman signs a 1 year deal with the Knights

Hope he still has a few games left in him

This we need of him!
Asking him to pack up and come here, i hope the club give him a forward coaching role for another 1-2yrs to say thanks for trying.

This sort or stuff will only help our club and reputation as a club ( that gives back to the players that are willing to try for the club on field )
Reputation in this business goes a long way to being a successful club imo.

This we need of him!
Asking him to pack up and come here, i hope the club give him a forward coaching role for another 1-2yrs to say thanks for trying.

This sort or stuff will only help our club and reputation as a club ( that gives back to the players that are willing to try for the club on field )
We can’t give every bloke that retires a coaching gig mate, Lillyman wanted an extra year of good coin that he want get earning the average wage.

If it wasn’t for us he might have had to retire a year early or go to England. I don’t feel we owe him anything tbh.

We can’t give every bloke that retires a coaching gig mate, Lillyman wanted an extra year of good coin that he want get earning the average wage.

If it wasn’t for us he might have had to retire a year early or go to England. I don’t feel we owe him anything tbh.

Aus and Qld prop with 250+ games is worth RESPECTING mate.... mite not have the body to show it but the brain will teach others a thing or two.

Aud and Qld prop with 250+ games is worth RESPECTING mate.... mite not have the body to show it but the brain will teach others a thing or two.

As I said we can’t give everyone a coaching gig once they retire, what role exactly is he getting ?

People get their noses out of joint with the ‘jobs for the boys’ culture we had and giving a bloke a coaching gig just because he had one season with us is pretty much the same thing.

We’ve let Lowrie and Kostjaycn retire and take coaching jobs already, Lowrie has worked out well too early to tell about Rory.

I have no idea if Lillyman would be a good coach he might be, but I don’t agree with you that he deserves a coaching gig for the reasons you put forward.

Lillyman has had 16 years of NRL contracts and got about half a million from SOO appearances - if he hasn't put away a decent amount for the future, he has a serious gambling problem.

Having said that, I didn't think Todd Lowrie would make much of a coach, and he has been fantastic. Dozens of young players have improved a lot under Lowrie.

As I said we can’t give everyone a coaching gig once they retire, what role exactly is he getting ?

People get their noses out of joint with the ‘jobs for the boys’ culture we had and giving a bloke a coaching gig just because he had one season with us is pretty much the same thing.

We’ve let Lowrie and Kostjaycn retire and take coaching jobs already, Lowrie has worked out well too early to tell about Rory.

I have no idea if Lillyman would be a good coach he might be, but I don’t agree with you that he deserves a coaching gig for the reasons you put forward.

A FORWARDS coach "not team coach"
So imo giving a guy that has done everything as a prop forward a job after playing to teach the next gen a thing or two in a good thing... i also said that this sort of stuff will only help the clubs reputation.

Stop looking at now mate.... any business needs to show a plan! and that they back/support investments they make..

A FORWARDS coach "not team coach"
So imo giving a guy that has done everything as a prop forward a job after playing to teach the next gen a thing or two in a good thing... i also said that this sort of stuff will only help the clubs reputation.

Stop looking at now mate.... any business needs to show a plan! and that they back/support investments they make..
Look if the guy wants to be a coach and Wests and Brown think he would be a good coach I’m happy

BUT

You have zero idea if he would be a good coach ( as I have zero idea that he wouldn’t be ) all you’re going off is that he’s had a good career.

Anyways if you said it that way the first time I might have thought yeah that might work but you said we should give him a job because he packed up and brought his family over here.

The idea to attract older players like Lillyman with the promise of a job afterwards is a good idea and it’s not a new thing, they do it in AFL a lot and Greg Bird signed a similar deal to go to France. But once again you can’t give everyone a job that retires you have to be selective.

Look if the guy wants to be a coach and Wests and Brown think he would be a good coach I’m happy

BUT

You have zero idea if he would be a good coach ( as I have zero idea that he wouldn’t be ) all you’re going off is that he’s had a good career.

Anyways if you said it that way the first time I might have thought yeah that might work but you said we should give him a job because he packed up and brought his family over here.

The idea to attract older players like Lillyman with the promise of a job afterwards is a good idea and it’s not a new thing, they do it in AFL a lot and Greg Bird signed a similar deal to go to France. But once again you can’t give everyone a job that retires you have to be selective.

So u found a reason to rebuttal although the end result of my posts you agree with? Sweet...

This we need of him!

We've had a few good props come to us for a swansong that paid great dividends on a small investment.
Matt Parsons and Willie Mason come to mind, I know there's more. Players get recruited for on-field value, off-field is just an extra free spin

In the article in the Herald he says he debuted in the game Joey tore the Cowboys to bits. I've always thought that was one of Joey's 2 or 3 best games.

Back