NSW CUP 2023

Clune is a big out, but for the last few games the forward pack has been very understrength.
Cooper Jenkins has been a big out since we lost talty and Brodie Jones has been on firstgrade duty.
Jack Johns is basically trying to do 80 minutes at lock. Our only middles who are half good are Cal Burgess and John Toleofoa, but they can't match genuine firstgraders yet.

1. David Armstrong
2. Kyle McCarthy
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Liam Wilkinson
5. Laitia Moceidreke
6. Simi Sasagi
7. Liam Sutton
8. Callan Burgess
9. Fa'amanu Brown
10. Dane Aukafolau
11. Oryn Keeley
12. Brock Greacen
13. Jack Johns (C)

14. Riley Jones
15. Seb Su'a
16. Toni Tupouniua
17. John Toleafoa

18. Carlin Pettet

The game is being played at the Centre of Excellence this Saturday

I noticed that our cup team is playing at the centre of excellence against the bears just a question are you able to go watch the game? I wasn’t sure if there was any spots for fans.

I noticed that our cup team is playing at the centre of excellence against the bears just a question are you able to go watch the game? I wasn’t sure if there was any spots for fans.
It's an interesting question and the club should clear it up soon. It's possible that hundreds of people could show up and have to watch through the fence.

Johns never played elite juniors.
He played a bit of park footy in Manly.
At age 19 he decided to give footy a crack and got a Jersey Flegg chance at the Knights under a coach who happened to know his father a bit.
In that year of Flegg, and in the preseason, he was training like a firstgrader, doing many sessions with a private coach named Matt Johns.
He went OK playing 5/8 or centre in Flegg, but missed a lot of games because of injuries that were probably caused by over training I reckon.
He had a few years of reserve grade at the knights where he was in and out with injuries and seemed too slow to be a back and not big enough to be a forward and not skilful enough to be a half.
He went to South Sydney where he played a bit of halves in reserves and got a lot of praise for his cool head and maturity as captain and playmaker.
He has pretty much converted into a forward since being back at the Knights, and my opinion is that he is finally big enough and fit enough to pull off NRL standard forward.
I'd like to see him get a few years of NRL footy somewhere, and then take up coaching.
He is a very smart guy with a great personality who knows footy inside out. He's had some good teachers.

All of the fields are fenced in pretty tight so not sure where people could even watch from other than looking through the bars. Certainly no seating.

North Sydney Facebook page has noted a change of venue to tomorrow's NSW Cup game, it will be played at Cessnock
Not surprising - a lot of the junior games were originally listed at the centre and ended up elsewhere - there is literally no where for a crowd to sit at the centre.

It's a great oversight to have not built a small grandstand at the centre.
They have three quarters of the infrastructure to hold all the junior games etc.
The best change rooms you could imagine, great fields, a cafe with catering facilities, even a museum with the capability to sell merchandise (assuming they have all the stuff they said they were building - no one gets to see anything, so maybe the public stuff was never even built.)
Anyway, a small grandstand and a bit of a hill for people to sit on and they'd never have to hire another venue again.

Back