Nathan Ross

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Wobbles, Aug 1, 2018.

1. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

Sad time for the rossdog but he should be proud of what he achieved. Had the ability to find space that wasn't there and was a great asset through dark days. I wish him all the best in the future.

Lefty likes this.
  2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

When he joined the Knights he had great natural gifts as an attacking player, but most of our under 18s had more skills in every other area.
    He was rubbish under a high ball - couldn't tackle at all - had no idea about positional play - and worst of all he was an incredible ball hog who wouldn't give anyone else a chance to get the ball in good position (largely because he had always been the best attacking option in any team he played in).
    He was in his mid twenties and knew about as much about team work as our junior players.
    He had to work twice as hard as everyone else to get up to speed, and he gave up a well paid job for beer money to back himself to make it - and he did.
    Hard work and character we'll probably not see again.

3. Jaybro

Jaybro Aaron Grainger

Would have been nice to see White Lighting in full flight when the side was actually going well, but not be sadly

Lefty likes this.
  4. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Brad Godden

It's a shame to see him go out this way!
    He provided some very bright moments during our darkest days!
    All the best, hopefully he picks up a nice paying media gig!

5. Billy

A 30 year old with his drive and the million odd he's probably earned in football will do OK.
    Before he came to us he was earning good money and had qualifications behind him in the mining industry.
    At worst, he might have to earn big money as a FIFO miner.

6. knightime

knightime Max Chapman

Huge respect for Rossy. He played for us during a very dark period and wasn't able to celebrate many wins. Unfortunate way to go out, however hoping he can get his body right and stay involved in the sport somehow. He seems to genuinely love football from what I have seen of him, although I've never met him personally. He strikes me as a great coaching candidate for young kids who look up to him.

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Darren Albert

So if Ross is gone does that mean we have 2 vacant spots in our 30 meaning we can sign someone and still have a vacancy finances being available. A 5/8;that can play elsewhere such as centre or f/b would be good.

8. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yeah that should free up another spot. I read somewhere though that Ross' contract still counts towards the cap for this year unfortunately.

9. danknights

danknights Steve Simpson

I'd reward beau fermor with a top 30 on his form alone.

knightslad likes this.
  10. Ak-47

Ak-47 David Thorne

I liked Ross best player in our darker times, probably deserves better to be finally playing in a better squad this year :(
    I honesty think that they making players over work in training and even pre match training, how many times we hear players late mail for injuries right before kick off. Then get them to fast recover to heal in a few weeks to play and you get guys like Mullen do what they have to get fit in time:( Watson going down that path.

11. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

So with tge rumors Souths are about to sign James Roberts for the rest of 2019 with the funds of Inglis retirement, would it be safe to say we can do similar with Ross coin?

12. Billy

Inglis has probably stopped getting paid by Souths - and started getting paid by someone else.
    Ross wouldn't be in a position to tell the club to keep the money and give it to someone else, because no one is rushing to give him money to stand on the sideline and say something wise.

13. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Brad Godden

We paid out Ross contract, counts in this year's cap, not next years. Inglis walked away from his contract and the money, so different scenario. The money Inglis will earn in his new role for the club ($200-300k) should count under the cap for this year in my opinion, but South are trying to get that amount exempt as well.

14. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ross medically retired, whatever we paid him from Nov 1 until the paperwork was signed off counts in this years cap. Nothing after that or next year.

15. R_A

R_A Adam Woolnough

I would be amazed if Souths got the remainder of Inglis’ contract off the salary cap, it would open up a can of worms for the dogs/Foran but that said we’ve had a bit of luck that the guys we’ve had injured are ones where you can’t play.